Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by ditchchamp: High expectations surpassed

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

High expectations surpassed

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

After our 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream I wasn't sure our 7 day cruise could measure up to the surprises and great shows from our first time around. I was wrong! Disney blew us away!

We were 2 families with a total of 5 children aged 12, 10, 8, 7 and 6. We went to the show every single night and loved them all. Buckets and Boards had us all laughing out loud and Aladdin was amazing. We loved the jugglers and guitar players between the show and our late dinner, everything on this cruise truly was for all ages.

The kids loved the detective game around the ship and did it a few times. The girls loved meeting the princesses, and I loved how they were the same cast members playing the princesses all week!

I had a special magical moment one evening with my boys. It was quite late and we went through a fairly deserted lobby. There was only one other family around. Suddenly the live duet starting playing "Rainbow Connection", which is "our" song. It was so More special!

The food was fabulous, our servers Lumi and Andor were such a delight, we asked Lumi at the end if she would come home with us. She remembered what the kids liked, learned all of our names and which child belonged to which parent (since we all looked fairly familiar and the kids were all similar ages!) and she even cut up my boys' meat!

The Kids Club is as always a highlight of the trip, we have to put limits on when the kids can go otherwise we would never see them!

Also, most comfortable bed ever! We are planning to cruise Disney again in 2013! Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 2008

We loved our room. It was affordable, comfortable and roomy enough for the 4 of us. Love the split bathroom. It really has the best most comfortable bed and linens of anywhere I've stayed. Loved the tv on demand. Temperature, lighting, no noise, everything was perfect. Only drawback was if someone was getting something out of the closet while someone was coming out of the bathroom, someone sometimes got hit with a door!