“High expectations surpassed”

ditchchamp
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
After our 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream I wasn't sure our 7 day cruise could measure up to the surprises and great shows from our first time around. I was wrong! Disney blew us away! We were 2 families with a total of 5 children aged 12, 10, 8, 7 and 6. We went to the show every single night and loved them all. Buckets and Boards had us all laughing out loud and Aladdin was amazing. We loved the jugglers and guitar players between the show and our late dinner, everything on this cruise truly was for all ages. The kids loved the detective game around the ship and did it a few times. The girls loved meeting the princesses, and I loved how they were the same cast members playing the princesses all week! I had a special magical moment one evening with my boys. It was quite late and we went through a fairly deserted lobby. There was only one other family around. Suddenly the live duet starting playing "Rainbow Connection", which is "our" song. It was so special! The food was fabulous, our servers Lumi and Andor were such a delight, we asked Lumi at the end if she would come home with us. She remembered what the kids liked, learned all of our names and which child belonged to which parent (since we all looked fairly familiar and the kids were all similar ages!) and she even cut up my boys' meat! The Kids Club is as always a highlight of the trip, we have to put limits on when the kids can go otherwise we would never see them! Also, most comfortable bed ever! We are planning to cruise Disney again in 2013!
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2008
We loved our room. It was affordable, comfortable and roomy enough for the 4 of us. Love the split bathroom. It really has the best most comfortable bed and linens of anywhere I've stayed. Loved the tv on demand. Temperature, lighting, no noise, everything was perfect. Only drawback was if someone was getting something out of the closet while someone was coming out of the bathroom, someone sometimes got hit with a door!
Published 03/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Fantasy Review
Disney Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?