Carnival Breeze - Great time even with some issues: Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by daisydook
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Breeze - Great time even with some issues
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
We did any time dining and there was a small wait to be seated in the MDR each night but nothing excessive. The food in the MDR was exactly the same quality we've experienced on other Carnival cruises. It was good but not exceptional. We dined both for lunch and dinner in the Cucina Italian rest and felt the complimentary lunch was just as good as the "for fee" dinner option. Overall, the service we received was friendly and good but so slow. We wondered if it was the "cheers" program and if the gratuity More factored in was insufficient to motivate the staff to provide good service so we began adding additional gratuity which resulted in slight improvement. The one exception was the crew at the Red Frog pub. They hustled and provided speedy service and delicious drinks with a smile. The other issue that was most prevalent on day one in the Port of Miami but remained in certain areas was the smell of sewage. This is a HUGE issue that Carnival must address. It prevented us from ever being able to take advantage of the aft pool, pizza and late night snacks. Disgusting. We just stayed away from that area as much as possible.
Going to comment on things I was looking for prior to choosing the breeze:
- Cheers - pros/cons. If you're like us and want to get your money's worth, this program is for you but you will likely drink too much and miss much of the nightime activity if your goal is to exceed 5 drinks a day (break even) and then drink into your 15 max, which we never came close to reaching. There is also the issue with gratuity, which I'm interested in understanding how they spread that around and if that is impacting service quality and speed.
- Ports - The best excursions that I would definitely recommend are the Screaming Eagle jet boat in St. Thomas and the Eco Tour in Antigua. So much fun and a great way to see the island (reasonably priced as well).
- Teens - had a blast and have claimed it as the 'best cruise ever'.
- Loves - Thrill Theatre and ropes course. Overall, the ship was beautiful and well maintained with the exception of the sewage smell.
- Comedy - was so so and definitely packed for each show as most have commented Less
Cabin review: 9372
9372 - very loud noise from deck 10 above the first night (like maintenance occuring, chairs being dragged, etc.) Other nights, could hear running, jumping but it stopped before too late. Good balcony, overlooking deck 5. Crystal clear glass allowing for best viewing of ocean and flying fish :-)
Port and Shore Excursions
Jet Boat Ride
Very good experience with 2 gl...
A great cruise for the money! ...
First time on Breeze
The people you have to cruise ...
There is absolutely nothing wr...