Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by chip1019: Second time on Adventure of the Seas

chip1019
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Second time on Adventure of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I would like to start out by expressing my thanks to the many employees of the Adventure of the Seas, from waiters to room stewards to greeters at the Windjammer, servcie desk, and maintainance. You are all a credit to your profession. Special call out to Stacy at the Windjammer and Elmer our room steward. Thank you both for exceeding our expectations and making our cruise the great time it was.
Ship- The AOS, may not look like it did 5 years ago. She needs a little make-up but is very clean. Yes there was a little wear on the carpet, needs a little paint here and there, but it's what is inside that counts. The staff is second to none and they are the heart of this ship.
Food- We ate at the dining room twice during the cruise. The food was great but the 3rd level was very loud from all of the noise below. We had a difficult time trying to have a conversation. So we decided to try the Windjammer for dinner. This was our 4th cruise on RCCL and we have never ate dinner in the More Windjammer. Well, we never went back to the dining room. The Windjammer had a great selection of food, it was very quiet and very comfortable. We also a one special night at Portifino's all I can say is WOW. The food and service were worth the $20.00. Best meal I have had in quite sometime. Highly recommend it.
Ports- We loved all of the ports with the exception of St Croix..very beautiful but not an aweful lot to do.
Please be very careful when reading reviews. As I said earlier the AOS might not be the newest ship in the fleet, but she has the biggest heart.
We have already booked her again for either next year or the year after when she gets a bit of a face lift. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Promenade Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

The cabin met our expectations. Bed was a little hard and we needed to call maintainence to see if they could cool our room a little more, which they did in one hour. We brought our own hooks, but room could use more to hang items.We both have CPAP machines and there were no plugs by the nightstands next to the bed. We had extension cords running all over the floor, but our room steward did a good job running them for us.

Excellent port, enjoy some shopping and people watching very friendly hosts.
Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Do some research...beautiful island but did not have many excursions or shopping. There maybe more to offer, we should have done more homework.

Enjoyed the Valley Church beach. We were a little disappointed with the water conditions, a bit cloudy and rough, but beautiful just the same. Staff there was good. Taxi drivers were a littel recklus . The roads are a little narrow and they are motivated to get you there and get back for more fares. I did see my life flash in front of my eyee a couple times. My suggestion; just close your eyes and enjoy the ride.

We have been to St Lucia before, did a little shopping and had a few Piton beers. Nice and relaxing

Snorkeling

(5)
We went to the Tiki Hut and spent the day snorkeling and relaxing. I would like to mention our host at the Tiki Hut- Leroy was OUTSTANDING. He made our day. THANKS Leroy see u next year. I recommend this to anyone interested in having a great day with great people.