Tere Moana Cruise Review by Lover1Boy: Tere (Terrible) Moana

Compare Prices on Tere Moana Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Tere (Terrible) Moana

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Other

I don't usually post on cruise reviews but I felt that I had to voice my disappointment on this cruise. For having been on the MS Paul Gauguin in the French Polynesian islands, the Tere Moana does not support the comparison.

The only reason we took this cruise was to see the Panama Canal. We were expecting to see it during day time. The canal pilot came on board around 7h. PM. Most people were on deck for the first set of locks, fewer for the second set and almost everyone was in bed for the Atlantic one around 2h. AM. I have a few blurry pictures for souvenirs. If they had advertised a passage of the canal at night I would never had taken this cruise. This is a major let down.

The day at sea after the Panama Canal was very rough and I was sea sick like many other people on board including the staff. It boils down to a simple fact, this ship is a river boat not an ocean liner. The second day/night at sea was almost as bad as the first day at sea, we could not sleep all More night because of the movement and noise from the waves.

This ship has very poor central air conditioning, no controls in the cabin. If you don't mind waking up in sweat in the morning this cruise is for you.The cruise director has an important role to communicate information about activities and particularly shore excursions. This was another let down. Simple question like how much is the cab fare from the peer to the beach was left with no answer. The daily activity bulletin contained many errors and typos. The whole thing felt the improvisation and amateurism.

The restaurant/bar/cabin staff was excellent and greeted us by our name. The food and beverages were excellent but this is a matter of taste.

I would not recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Tere Moana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Tere Moana Review >>

Cabin review: Tere Moana 305

No control for air conditionning.

Beautifull island.
Read 808 Antigua Reviews

Island Tour

(3)
Bus tour. Average.

City Tour

(5)
Very good. Beautifull city.

Island Tour