Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by sherin115

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by sherin115
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: sherin115
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Beijing
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: Q
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Orient Express on the Seas
China Sea Royal Caribbean cruise last October, booked with ROL on the 'Voyager of the Seas'.

Flew off with Qatar Airways - absolutely first class operators. Vastly overpriced Regal Hotel in polluted Beijing. Typical of Eastern China the infrastructure was superb.

Sailed to Fukohara, Japan; Jeju island South Korea,Xiamen China; Hong Kong; Saigon; Bangkok; Singapore.

Including Beijing port that makes 9 but your box only allows for 8.

Further cavils are that I was in the cheapest interior room but don't remember the code number and I may be slightly out on the number of nights.

Great itinerary of visits but I'm crossing off Beijing and Singapore for being vastly overpriced.

Fantastic, immaculate ship with a service aimed at patricians rather than backpackers - although I did appreciate the best gym I have ever seen and the most splendid food offerings. I should mention I dropped out of the set dinner as I was not prepared to dress up or tolerate fussy waiter service.

On the latter point, their seemed much redundancy of staff and labour - I thought it was extravagant/wasteful.

Great entertainment and I especially loved the karaoke and ice skating.

Film fare could have been better and more varied (John Carter was srange choice).

Didn't understand all the dressing up, gambling or expensive luxury offerings.

Delectable staff - esp the Polish gym instructor and Land Dyak service lass from Sarawak. However, the cruise wasn't geared up to service lone, red-blooded, tho' rather ancient males.

Room was superb and TV OK but repetitious.

I objected to the persistent request over gratuities - as I hadn't noticed anyone providing any specially valued service worth extra remuneration. If they'd offered a massage I could afford, then that might well qualify but I wasn't going to pay over £100 just for the basic.

These gratuities could well amount to more than £1M - so what about CTT, witholding tax just for starters! Quite a conundrum.

At least all this was optional unlike the clipjoint capers in other cultural milieus where one can arrive to face unexpected surcharges/penalties!

Publication Date: 03/26/13