“Just returned from Summit Cruise”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

LoveCruising118 Celebrity Summit 5 Just returned from Summit Cruise
LoveCruising118
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I have cruised on most of the major lines and this was the first time I tried Celebrity. As I was tagging along with a group of family and friends, I had no input into cruise line, destination or date. Didn't even read any reviews until a few weeks before we departed. With one big exception, I cannot say enough good things about the cruise and the cruise line. Embarkation and disembarkation were easier than any other cruise line. The crew were phenomenal..friendly, helpful, eager to please. I didn't try any of the specialty restaurants. The food in the dining room, and on the top deck, including the pizza and hamburger/hot dog station was good to very good. I am not a big drinker, so I didn't get the all inclusive drink package. Most of the people in my group did and took full advantage. I did purchase the premium coffee package and was very happy with the variety of coffee and tea drinks and loved that I could get large bottles of water. Well worth price. Can't speak to the entertainment, I opted for the casino most nights. My one BIG COMPLAINT...the shopping expert. In my opinion, the only reason any of the stores are listed as being recommended by the cruise line is because they pay a licensing fee or give the "shopping expert" or cruise line some kind of kick back of recommending them. I stupidly bought a piece of jewelry from one of their recommended stores on St. Maartan. When I got back home, I checked the quality and price and discovered that I was ripped off. I could have bought a similar piece from the store's on-line website for 1/5 the price. When I tried to return it, I was told "TOO BAD". I am pursing and hopefully will get some satisfaction. Learn from my mistake...do not purchase any costly items (jewelry, electronics, etc.). Not worth price or aggravation.
Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?