Oosterdam Cruise Review by JulesBee

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SC
See More About: Oosterdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        10-12 3.0

Ship Facts: Oosterdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Oosterdam Deck Plans
Alaska on the Oosterdam - Awesome Cruise!
My cruise was almost a year ago and I'm just now writing a review. I know that's horrible of me, but I was too depressed to even come onto this website! I had so much fun planning our time on the Oosterdam and in Alaska, and when it was over I seemed to go into a post-cruise funk! But I have another cruise booked, so the clouds are leaving my mood. :-)

We were in a Deluxe Verandah Suite, and man were we spoiled. If you have the means, I would definitely recommend one of these suites. Even better we were in an aft corner cabin that wraps around the side of the ship, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I'd read reviews about the poor condition of the Oosterdam, but she was lovely. There was one of our deck tables that had some scuffs if you really want to get picky, but you could really only see them up close. The railings were painted/stained the day we sailed and looked perfect. The aft wraparound is the way to sail. Huge balcony to enjoy sail away and just staring at the wake and the glorious scenery. So amazing, and can't wait to do it again. This balcony (4185) doesn't have much cover, but for Alaska I think it was perfect. There were no rooms below us so it was a clear view to the water, and there was only one or two times where it was too rainy/stormy to enjoy the balcony. But in truth it was stormy enough that even with an awning we wouldn't have gone out there during those times.

Our Stewards were attentive and helpful without being over-bearing. They always had a smile and our room always looked wonderful.

Alaska is amazing and I can't wait to go back. You won't be sorry for choosing this ship!

Publication Date: 03/25/13