MSC Poesia Cruise Review by andysnovel: Ignore the Bad Reviews!!!

andysnovel
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Ignore the Bad Reviews!!!

Sail Date: March 2013

After reading all the negative reviews and comments, I was a bit apprehensive about what my booked cruise would be like. Wonderful Cruise!!!! Staff was friendly and tried to help me with whatever issues or questions I had. The cabin crew was great and responded to any questions or requests I had, like extra pillows etc. The dining room staff was professional and extremely friendly and accommodating. The food had a wonderful Italian flair to it, great pastas and sauce and the variety was good at all meals.
The Poesia is a beautiful and well maintained ship. If you love Italian food, then this is the ship and cruiseline for you, this was my 12th cruise and we were a group of 14. Everyone agreed they had a great time, make sure you try the gelato on the pool deck, wonderful!!!!!
The live opera singers and violinists and piano player were great. They also had a couple with guitars playing Italian folk music in the main reception area, we spend hours listening to all this great More music. The announcements in 5 languages can become a bit tedious,and the nightly shows had a European feel to them, although they tended to repeat themselves towards the end of the week. Since this cruise had a lot of days at sea, the pool deck tended to get crowded, but we managed to find a place to sit down most times.
Embarkation and Disembarkation went smooth and we actually had access to our cabin around 11:30am, the cabin was clean and well maintained. My advice to those that are reading this review, grab this cruise while you can, as MSC pulls their ships out of the USA during the summer time. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Balcony Tasso Deck 12166

Cabin #12166 Balcony smaller than similiar cabins on holland american line and celebrity line. Sofa area was cut in half and height of cabin was lower. Balcony area about the same and the bathroom was a nice size and had a good layout. Queensize bed was comfortable. Storage Space was a bit right too.