MSC Poesia Cruise Review by andysnovel

MSC Poesia
Member Name: andysnovel
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: 6
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Ignore the Bad Reviews!!!
After reading all the negative reviews and comments, I was a bit apprehensive about what my booked cruise would be like. Wonderful Cruise!!!! Staff was friendly and tried to help me with whatever issues or questions I had. The cabin crew was great and responded to any questions or requests I had, like extra pillows etc. The dining room staff was professional and extremely friendly and accommodating. The food had a wonderful Italian flair to it, great pastas and sauce and the variety was good at all meals.

The Poesia is a beautiful and well maintained ship. If you love Italian food, then this is the ship and cruiseline for you, this was my 12th cruise and we were a group of 14. Everyone agreed they had a great time, make sure you try the gelato on the pool deck, wonderful!!!!!

The live opera singers and violinists and piano player were great. They also had a couple with guitars playing Italian folk music in the main reception area, we spend hours listening to all this great music. The announcements in 5 languages can become a bit tedious,and the nightly shows had a European feel to them, although they tended to repeat themselves towards the end of the week. Since this cruise had a lot of days at sea, the pool deck tended to get crowded, but we managed to find a place to sit down most times.

Embarkation and Disembarkation went smooth and we actually had access to our cabin around 11:30am, the cabin was clean and well maintained. My advice to those that are reading this review, grab this cruise while you can, as MSC pulls their ships out of the USA during the summer time.

Publication Date: 03/24/13