Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by nojoke: Delightful spring break

508 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Delightful spring break

Sail Date: March 2013

Having to wait until June for our scheduled Alaska cruise, we just "needed" a little ocean time! The Celebrity Constellation 4 night Western Caribbean sailing was just right.
Embarkation was quick and easy. The buffet was uncrowded for our first meal. At 1:30 p.m. our 2B Veranda stateroom was available. We were midship--easy access to the Main elevator and stairs. We loved being on Deck 6--it was only 1 level above Deck 5 where the restaurant and theatre are located--an easy walk on the stairs.
Key West was our first stop. The ship provided free transportation via the Conch Train into town--it was nearly like a free mini-tour of Key West. We just walked around a bit--bought sandals at Kino's. It was so early in the morning, that we just didn't feel like eating--so missed the famous Key Lime Pie.
Next day we took the ship tour to San Gervacio Mayan ruins. This was a short "ruins" tour==very well narrated. Then we were taken to "Playa Mia". What a beautiful More beach. All sorts of non-motorized "toys" were available--as well as lounge chairs and a drink. I wish I had brought my water shoes, I had forgotten how rocky Mexican beaches are. But we had a wonderful time anyhow. The water was beautiful. and we lounged under a palm tree.
The entertainment onboard was first class. Adam Trent--billed as a magician--but he was a dancer and comedian, this show is just spectacular. The Constellation dancers had good shows also.
The food is subjective--anytime I don't have to cook and can have a napkin placed on my lap, I am happy.
The ship is in excellent condition, and the crew are friendly.
The thasalotherapy pool (probably mispelled) was warm with pressured water--well worth visit.
We give this ship 5 stars! Less

Published 03/24/13

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 2B6093 Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

Cabin 6093 2B This was just a normal veranda cabin. Adequate storage for us (we travel light). The veranda was small with 2 upright chairs and a tiny table. The shower was good size. There was a lifeboat below our veranda railing--but not obstructing--just could only see the lifeboat straight down. Access to the Main elevator and stairs was close. This was a connecting room--but we were not bothered by any noise from the other room. Adequate room for suitcases under the bed--we had to open one of them and it slid under easily. There is a clothesline in the shower. The hair dryer is just adequate--not a lot of umph--but it works.

Read All Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B (2B) Reviews >>
Member Since 2009
508 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X