SeaDream I Cruise Review by ho-hum

SeaDream I
Member Name: ho-hum
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
See More About: SeaDream I Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: SeaDream I Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Great to be back to SD1
Yes it's been a while but when I was told of the stellar team assembled on SD 1, I had just had to come and it was truly worth it.

I see from a few recent reviews that a few reviewers are complaining about silly niggles BUT seem to have wholly ignored SD's finest asset that leads this line so far out in front than any other: the amazing CREW !

The fine men and women (and I include all of them) are simply the best (good name for a song).

The cuisine was incredible and Michelin standard.

One recent reviewer complained about pre-dinner drinks and eating outside ! Coming from Northern Europe where I did'nt even bother putting cushions on my outdoor furniture last summer because it was so cold and wet ! I was delighted to eat outside morning, noon and night with fantastic views over Caribbean islands with lovely breezes and feeling the WARMTH ! What other line provides this facility ? None.

The crew are a happy lot too and this atmosphere is vital BUT seems lost on Mr.Niggle.

We visited a number of ports but partly due to an injury and partly because I loved the experience on SD; I never got off ! Now some may say "you've come all this way and did'nt see the islands ?". Shocking is'nt it BUT time on board with my fellow lovely passengers away, it was just so peaceful.

There were a few children on board but they were well behaved and kept away by an amazing Activities Manager and capable assistant.

So now you must be asking "there must have been something wrong". Well there was; a waiter due to be on board (whom we adore) had to return home BUT he was replaced by SD1's Employee of the Year ! So even that worked out but we still missed G.

Publication Date: 03/23/13