Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by BUBBACAYMAN: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!

BUBBACAYMAN
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas

This was a Company Planned Cruise as a prize for winning a performance contest.

We had 25 people on this cruise from March 15th. - 18th. and another 30 booked
on the same cruise in April. We had booked outside cabins with a view, cabins and allowed individuals to upgrade if they wished. We opted as older cruisers to spend a little more and eventually ended up in a GRAND SUITE (stateroom 1038)which had a very large balcony and larger room with a sitting area and large full size bathroom, with a tub and shower. Was glad to receive the SUITE TREATMENT,,, WRONG

Arrival at Miami Airport at 10:30 morning of Sailing, no problem, once we got the entire group together, we boarded our bus to the cruise terminal. Made the mistake of asking the bus driver that since we were the only passengers on his bus, if he could make a quick stop at Walgreens or somewhere so the gals could pick up a few quick items... his reply NO STOPS MAN oh well we tried.

Once to the More terminal, I had to sit on a bench and await arrival of my wheelchair,
then taken thru security, and check in,,, everyone seemed to go thru with no troubles and we were onboard by Noon. Stateroom was not quite ready, but we were allowed to drop our carry-ons in the room, then off to Windjammer for lunch.

Typical ship board buffet, several stations, 1: hot food, sliced beef, potatoes, mixed vegetables, lasagna, and some mystery meat. 2: salad bar 3: theme station changes each day,,, Greek today, Mexican tomorrow, Mediterranean last day. and 4: desert and of course the famous drink station with cruise ship drinks, yep stuff out of a box, mixed with water, splashing around in fountains. FOOD WAS WARM, NOT HOT AND PROBABLY THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER BECAUSE I HADN'T EATEN IN 20 HOURS...

Now on the the Stateroom,, GS 1038 is a nice suite on the Starboard Side of the ship, actually the 5th. suite back from the bow. Decent room, full size bathroom, 4 mirrored closets, safe, mini-fridge, flat bar, etc.

The bedroom area has a nice dressing table with full mirrors lots of light and a makeup mirror, the CRUISE KING BED, was the typical 2 twins pushed together, but even though it looked like a pillow top,,, it was hard as a rock. Wife even made her a bed out on the balcony one night cause it WAS SOFTER THAN THAT BED.
The balcony was the best part of the room,,, it was a full 5 feet deep and ran the full length of the cabin, probably 20 feet or so,,, big enough for 10 people easily, course for whatever reasons now you don't get the nice lounge chairs, even though I am sure they used to be there, but we were able to get 2 additional chairs so that we had a table and 4 chairs.

We met our Cabin Steward "TUT" right away and he was wonderful for the entire trip, we wanted for nothing, ice, towels, extra chairs, extra chocolates for the pillow, just ask and it was done,, even had to have him get us a phone cord that would allow us to take the telephone across to the sofa area. TUT was wonderful, and he said that since we were in a GRAND SUITE we would also have a suite concierge and that his name was "Jorge Gutierrez" and that he would be by shortly.

Met the entire group in the SCHOONER BAR and began the celebrations,,, adult beverages of all types and sizes were flowing well. Stefan our waiter was
always there with a fresh drink and even came up with some munchies. All is well on Majesty or so I thought

Caught a late dinner back at Windjammer,,, not such a good idea,,, same four stations, had sushi on one, carving turkey breast on one and some minute steaks, some other kind of meet and Italian meatball and noodles, of course the salad bar and desert bar. FOOD WAS TERRIBLE,,, Chef came by and asked how it was, and I TOLD HIM, he began making notes and immediately went to the steam trays and started taking temps... too little too late. OH WELL TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY.

DAY TWO; NASSAU
I skipped breakfast, had some fruit and pastry in the room,,,, good thing suite has it's own coffee pot and creamer and sweeteners and coffee refills were always handy thanks again to TUT.

NASSAU IS STILL THE SAME,,, all the duty free shops, straw market, 200 venders with the same straw bags and then the items from CHINA... Went to Atlantis, and decided $40 each was too much to walk thru the undersea tube to see the fish swim around,, went to the casino, had a drink lost some $$$ and then said OK, been there done that now.

Walked thru the Marina Village and saw several of the larger yachts, on our way back to the water taxi back to the cruise pier. It is only $4 each way and I think the best bargain in Nassau. Cruising the channel from Atlantis to the Cruise Piers.

Back on ship now coming the 2:00pm day Two, Formal night,, found a binder in the stateroom, for suite guests only, and a business card from Jorge our Suite Concierge whom I HAVE NEVER MET YET !!

I had been dreaming of the special restaurant on the cruise "JOHNNY ROCKETS"
famous for their Burgers and Milkshakes,,, so even if there was a $4.95 per person surcharge I was going to get my fill. So off to Johnny Rockets, we go,
not many people in there right now, they are all still ashore, so we sit right down, get a menu and start daydreaming of the 50's... I came back to reality when the waitress lady says, Now there is a $4.95 surcharge to eat here, which I
knew, then she says and there will be a surcharge of $4.95 for each milkshake, malt or any of these beverages here on the menu, but since you bought the $40 all you can drink soda package we can give you the cokes etc.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, TO EAT HAMBURGERS, FRIES, AND MILKSHAKES IT IS GONNA COST ME $5 PLUS $5 FOR EVERY MILKSHAKE MALT OR WHATEVER ????
NO WHERE IN THE INTERNET INFORMATION, ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S WEBSITE, YOUR MENU OR ANYWHERE CAN I FIND WHERE MILKSHAKES ARE EXTRA AT JOHNNY ROCKET'S, BUT I
HAD TO HAVE ONE SO THAT IS WHAT I HAD ONE !

It is now nap time, followed by Formal Night,,, it was the night that the group was going to all eat together, table for 25,,, Jorge gonna fix ya up,,, wait still haven't heard from Jorge.... but one of the ladies just walked to the restaurant and was told 6:30 be ok, so 6:30 it was. I tell the wife, honey you go ahead, I am going to continue to nap... so it was.

The group had a fun time in the MDR and were happy with the food and service.

Later that night was KARAOKE, DANCING UNDER THE STARS, AND OTHER WILD ACTIVITIES, AM I GLAD I TOOK A NAP, but FUN WAS HAD BY ALL.

DAY THREE COCO CAY

Ocean is still only about 71 degrees, way too cold for this old man, so I was not in a big hurry to get over to Coco Cay, so wife and I went to breakfast, windjammer was the only option, but hey how can you ruin breakfast buffet..
well here is how,,, the windjammer has 2 sections a forward and an aft food stations, with the same food, but two locations so you can split the people in half to hurry things up. So wife and I find a nice table on the forward section looking towards the Coco Cay rather than a blank ocean. I went first found some already cooked eggs, bacon, sausage and tater tots... was going to get an omelet, but there were about a dozen people already in line, so hey wife can you get mine while you get yours. So back to the table I go and away she goes... Time flies, I am munching out and I don't see the wife anywhere, time goes by I am almost finished with my breakfast, look up and see the wife headed from the aft section towards our table,,, well guess she went back there to get some corned beef hash or something, so I go back to eating... little later, hey now wife, and now they have closed the forward food service stations.
I am getting worried, so I head back to the aft station and see wonderful wife now only number 5 in line for omelet's. So I find another table now in the aft section and we finally have breakfast..
PS IF YOU WANT FRESH SQUEEZED O.J. ADD $4.00 TO YOUR CARD PER GLASS

OK, Coco Cay note in room says Suite Guest have priority and a special area
with drinks and snacks, just check with Jorge your suite concierge. OK, STILL NO JORGE, SO TUT TO THE RESCUE, he calls guest relations and tells me who to go down to deck 4 to meet and they will take us to the tender and tell us where we need to go on island. So we do this, get on tender, which is nicely maintained for the short ride to the Cay. Upon arrival we are met with a golf cart to take us back to the other side of the Cay where we are ushered into a NICE WOODEN DECK with table and chairs and free flowing Champagne and Mixed drinks and a nice assortment of hors de hurs Couple of hours later, we have seen all we need to see and had all the sun we need... STILL NO JORGE even though he was supposed to be on island.

Well it is the last night on the cruise, so the plan is everyone from the group wants to go to the COMEDY ACT in the Chorus Line Showroom, because it is Adult Only night and we have heard the KIWI the comedian is really good.

So we make reservations at the MDR for 4 people, and head to the room for my afternoon nap. On the way to the elevator guess who I bump into: JORGE MY SUITE CONCIERGE ..... WE FINALLY MEET LATE AFTERNOON ON THE LAST DAY OF THE CRUISE,,, I said I was beginning to think that he didn't even exist, But alas
there he stood. I asked him if he could get us some good seats for the comedy show tonight and he said to meet him in the showroom 15 minutes before the show.

Back in the room, I was reading the for Suite Guests only Menus, and saw one of my favorites A VEAL T-BONE was on tonight's menu.... wow, so off to nappy time
I went dreaming about a big ole VEAL T-BONE.

At the appointed time we went to the Starlight Room for dinner and when I asked the maitr'd if they had a nice table for just the 4 of us, "OF COURSE FOLLOW ME"
SO OFF WE GO... YEP IT'S COMING OUR SPECIAL TABLE WAS THE CENTER TABLE OF 3
SIX TOP TABLE WITH ONE WAITER. I COULDN'T HEAR WHAT MY WIFE AND THE OTHERS WERE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE OF THE CLOSE PROXIMITY OF THE OTHER TABLE,,, AFTER 5 MINUTES THE WAITER THAT HAD BEEN RUNNING FROM BOTH ADJOINING TABLES TOSSED US 4 MENUS AND SOME HARD ROLLS AND WAS OFF AGAIN, AFTER 5 MINUTES I LOST IT, WENT UP FRONT AND FOUND THE REAL MAITR'D AND EXPLAINED MY SITUATION. ALL WAS SOLVED, MOVED TO A TABLE WITH A DEDICATED WAITER AND SERVER AND ALL WAS WELL AGAIN.
Well almost,, remember that VEAL T-BONE, "THAT IS AN OLD MENU, WE DON'T HAVE THAT ANYMORE" But they made up for it,, for an additional $22.00 you can get a
FILET OF BEEF. Very well cooked rare like we like it.

Anyway, on to the evening finale HAD GOOD SEATS ON THE FRONT ROW, WE JUST WALKED IN AND GOT THEM, THAT WAY IT WAS EASY FOR JORGE TO FIND US HA HA

KIWI was the comedian and he was wonderful, he had been on last comic standing and he was absolutely great... a wonderful end to and otherwise rough cruise.

Disembarkation in MIAMI, never gets any better, Suite Guest have priority to get off the ship and with luggage, so that was good, because,, even though I was in a wheel chair with an attendant, MIAMI CUSTOMS AND IMMIGRATION HAS NO WHEELCHAIR LINES, SO YOU SIT IN THE SAME LONG LINES, and as I was told, there are only 4 wheelchair attendants, so wheelchair passengers 5 and up have to wait either on the ship or in the waiting chairs in the terminal until one of the 4 wheelchair attendants makes the complete trip and returns... NOT USER FRIENDLY

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS CRUISE FOR ANYONE, NOT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CRUISED BEFORE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

WOULD I RECOMMEND TAKING AN UPGRADED CABIN ON THIS CRUISE, NO WAY THE PERKS
AREN'T THERE AND THERE ARE ENOUGH PUBLIC AREAS YOU CAN RELAX OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM

WOULD THIS CRUISE BE GOOD FOR ANYONE: YES, YOUNGER PEOPLE, THAT WANT TO PARTY, DON'T CARE IF THEIR CABIN IS LIKE A DORM ROOM AND CAN LIVE ON PIZZA AND LOUSY BUFFET FOOD... ACTUALLY SOERENTO'S PIZZA WAS THE MOST POPULAR PLACE TO EAT.

I KNOW DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES AND PASSIONS, BUT EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS MY THIRD IDENTICAL ITINERARY THE SHIP DOES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas 1038

GS 1038 GREAT ROOM, LARGE AREA, FULL SIZE BATHROOM WITH TUB/SHOWER HUGE 20' BALCONY WORN OUT FURNITURE,,, OLD FABRIC COVERINGS, WORN AND DIRTY LOOKING.

NICE PORT TO DO SOME LOCAL SIGHT SEEING, SHOPPING GO TO ATLANTIS, THE STRAW MARKET AND DUTY FREE SHOPS. ALSO 2 HARLEY SHOPS
Read 2666 Nassau Reviews