Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Hardy95

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Hardy95
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Hardy95
Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Independence of the Seas Fun!
We had a great embarking experience. For whatever reason, we hadn't done the pre-boarding Sea Pass paperwork, so we expected the worst with pre-boarding. RC made it easy and convenient. I had a paper print out that had our cabin # and some info, and it was enough at the beginning. Once we got through security (they just had to look up our names on a list), then the agent whipped through things and it only took us about 5 minutes. Great beginning!

We decided to take some time and sit down to plan out and book our excursions. We are so glad we booked them first thing as we had no wait and we were able to book what we wanted, as there was plenty of room.

Very impressed with the Main Promenade on Deck 5. We spent a lot of time here.

Great entertainment. Fabulous cruise director - Joff Eaton!

Great fitness center. We used it almost daily! Loved having the option of the track of Deck 12, when it wasn't too windy!

This ship catered to families, so as a trip for just my husband and I, it was a little annoying at times. The pool area was usually pretty loud and full of kids at times. Highly recommended for those with families, but I would choose a different ship of RC if you want less kids around. My children would have loved it.

Wished they had an outdoor movie screen, as our first cruise did with Princess. I think I heard that it may be in the works. We weren't the biggest fans of the 2 days at sea. When you're at sea, we found that we had to go out after breakfast to secure a couple of lounge chairs.

They have a 2-in-1 shampoo dispenser in the bathrooms, but my hair does not do well with that, so for the first few days I had to deal with not so great hair. Once I bought some conditioner in San Juan...a world of difference.

Great experience in so many ways.

Publication Date: 03/25/13