Disney Dream Cruise Review by Amy In Atlanta: Disney Dream is GREAT for People with Food Allergies

Amy In Atlanta
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Disney Dream is GREAT for People with Food Allergies

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

If you have food allergies, rest assured that the Disney Dream staff will go above and beyond to make sure that the food you are served has been properly prepared. I am allergic to gluten, dairy, citrus, peanuts, shrimp, cinnamon, cloves, and several other items. On the Disney Dream, I was able to have a happy, reaction free vacation due to the extra efforts of the disney culinary staff.

At the first meal the head waiter (Ali) prepared a special card listing all of my allergies and printed 20+ of them. At each meal, he would staple my food card with the food order to make sure the kitchen staff was extra careful. He would pre-order all my meals for the following day and tell me which restaurant he would be working at, should I want him to watch over my meals. If I entered a buffet area, all I had to do was approach one of the ever present staff and they would phone Ali and he would have something specially prepared for me.

One morning I decided to just get some More eggs and bacon from the buffet line. While I was waiting my turn in line, a waiter I had never seen before came up to me and removed me from line. He told me I could not have the eggs as they were prepared with milk and I could not have bacon it contained gluten. He went off and prepared my meal in a separate area and brought it to my table. It seemed like magic.

If you are traveling with allergies, just remember to be patient and that your dining choices will be limited. Also, with 1,000s of meals to prepare, remember to be extra thankful for what is surely a lot of effort to cook your meals separately. I was simply happy that I could eat safely and well without having an allergic reaction.

Thank you Disney Dream staff (and especially Ali) for the high level of customer service, delivered with a smile and the caring attitude of all the dining staff that made a trip with food allergies possible. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 6 4052

Great view.