Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by cmbball10: Freedom of the Seas is more like a retirement home
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises
Freedom of the Seas is more like a retirement home
Let me start by saying that this was my girlfriend and I's fist time cruising and let me say that we were both extremely disappointed. We are in our late 20's and found it very hard to find things to do on this ship.
I will just highlight a few of the pros and many of the cons that we experienced during this cruise.
- Ship was very big. Never really felt crowded. Elegantly decorated as well.
- Bar service was very good. The employees were very friendly.
- Stateroom was nice and housekeeping always did an excellent job making up our room when we left.
- Magic show was highlight of shows.
- Karaoke was always fun to watch
- Casino was fun
- St. Thomas and St. Maarten were the highlight stops.
- Food for the most part was pretty good.
- Ship was overrun by senior citizens. Eating in the main dining room made the place smell like a retirement home. This made it frustrating trying to walk around ship since they love to More walk right in the middle of the walkways and block the flow of everyone moving at a normal pace.
- Karaoke wasn't an every night thing for adults. Since we found this to be the only real fun activity to do in the evenings it was just surprising they didn't have this always going on every night. Adult karaoke was only done 3 nights during the cruise.
- No sports bar to pop in and have a drink and watch any games.
- Only bars on the cruise were tailored for older folks. The piano bar (schooners) was a great example of this.
- Don't anticipate hearing any music playing from this century unless you are on the pool deck.
- Activities at night were extremely mediocre. Want to play bingo or watch a dreamworks movie at 9-10pm at night? You'll like this ship then.
- Promenade was nothing special. It had 1 bar (bull and bear), a specialty italian restaurant, and a few shopping stores. The only good thing about the promenade was the pizza place (sorreno's) and ben and jerry's.
- First show that we watched was Marquee and it was probably the most hilariously bad thing we had ever seen. My girlfriend actually started busting up laughing during the performance because it was terribly bad.
- Cococay is dump. The island was a worthless stop.
- The crypt smelled of cigarette smoke.
We are not very hard to please vacationers. Our idea of vacation is relaxing by a pool or beach, having some drinks in hand during the day while finding a nice bar at night to listen to some music and have fun.
If you have kids or are in the senior citizen age range you will most definitely love this ship. If you are like us and in that late 20's to early 30's age range then go on a different ship or cruise line. It was very disappointing to pull up next to ships in port that would have water slides or bigger sports complex's and not think "wow that would be a lot more fun than this". Less
Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Promenade Stateroom Deck 6
Port and Shore Excursions
First Time on Royal Caribbean-...
NOT A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Such an expensive disappointme...