Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by CaroleR

Cabin Category: M
        Under 3 1.0
        3-6 4.0

Family Cruise
My husband paid for our two daughters, their husbands and our granddaughters (aged 4 and 18 mos)to cruise 5 days on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas. Since Erica (my younger daughter) lives in NJ, it was a challenge. This will be a shorter review.

Having parked @ Park-n-go (great facility-very reasonable), getting on the boat was a challenge, hearing computers were down (we thought it was the cut in security personnel), but as the cruise went on, it was RCCL's problem! First getting everyone at one table @ early seating. Rooms were okay (I had to climb in & out of bed because of beds put together). Next time a balcony room for sure!

First night dinner was extremely show. We complained and it got better each day. Breakfast was also painfully slow except for the character one where they catered to the kids (Yah!) RCCL now has a buffet @ breakfast so we could get pkg'd food for the kids to keep them busy until the food came. Food was good w/ good selections. Was told they have changed their menus. Good idea as Oasis had terrible food!!! I just had lap band surgery and actually lost 4 lbs. Loved being able to go to the 24 hr cafe for tea and coffee. Thank you to the manager who twice searched & found my decaf tea! Went to the gym for the first time. Nice facility. The trainer was helpful. Buffet had some good selections for lunch, but not as good as Carnival. They do have the flavored waters which were great.

Our room person, Sandy, was phenomenal! If we needed something, he was there! He even went to retrieve our luggage to help us out! Dining room personnel were okay. They tried! The dining room manager was great, always coming to see how we were doing and playing with the kids.

Entertainment was good! The 4 yr old had a great time @ the shows. Was disappointed that you had to pay for the toddler program ($8/hr). Although I made pre-arranged reservations, it was first come, first served. Saw the comedian on tv; didn't miss much! I personally thought Saturday Night Fever was a bit lame (shouldn't have been shown the last day of the cruise). Up & Away was boring for me, but 4 yr old loved it. Ice show was, of course, great and well done! The Jersey boys wannabes were great!

Getting off was okay for the five of us, but older daughter, husband and 4 yr old were detained over 2 hrs for a $60 error that she had straightened out the night before. Personnel were rude and insulting, threatening to have the police waiting for them. Even though she didn't owe any money, she offered to substitute another card, but they wouldn't do anything and refused to call down a "real supervisor w/ authority" to straighten this out. Can you imagine entertaining a 4yr old waiting in line? This ruined the cruise for our daughter and clearly disturbed me who was just hoping to have a peaceful, relaxing cruise to enjoy my family. SHAME ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN! But, thanks to the customer service person Wendy complained to after the cruise on the phone who couldn't believe this happened to a passenger and tried to rectify the situation. Erica also had to go to Customer Service to remove unnecessary charges for drinks, etc. as did Wendy! Drinks were charged that weren't ordered @ dinner and coupons from RCCL were not honored.

Having done about 23 cruises, I would have to think twice before getting on another RCCL cruise!

Publication Date: 03/23/13