Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by bcoss24

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Grandeur was truly grand
This was my honeymoon and I planned this trip for the itinerary and not for the boat. Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruise line but I knew this was an older smaller ship. I was very excited to find out that they had remodeled it and it was like being on a new ship. I actually prefer the smaller ships now because of our experience. Venice is a little different port so when you get dropped off there was quite a ways to walk and I do not pack light. We at the time were platinum members of RC so they have a special line which was extremely quick. Room was an ordinary balcony room (we splurged because it was our honeymoon but normally we do the inside cheap cabin because you are never in your room) with a nice closet and couch. They were almost brand new so I was happy!

We always choose the late dining time so we have enough time to see everything and not be rushed. The first night when we went to our assigned table there were no seats. The sat us at a different table but the only problem was they spoke little english. It ended up being great because they were all amazing people and I ended up practicing my Spanish and my Italian! The food was probably the best that I had and the service was amazing.

The one thing I can say is everyone from the waitresses to the customer service desk really was all about customer service. I love banana daiquiris and a few of the ports where they are suppose to pick up supplies did not have it so a few times I ordered it the bartender would run around the ship trying to find the banana mix. Great experience and can't wait to go on this ship again!

Publication Date: 03/20/13