Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by cam cruiser: Excellent cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas

cam cruiser
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Excellent cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

My husband and I have just returned from our 3rd cruise with Royal Carribean.

We sailed from a wet Sydney on 1 March 2013 on the lovelly Rhapsody of the Seas.
We have been lucky enough to have sailed on the Voyager of the Seas In January and we were again looking forward to our cruise.

Boarding the ship in Sydney was quick and easy. We were soon on board and looking around the ship. We were not disappointed the Rhapsody is a very nice ship the decor is lovelly and we found her easy to get around.

We sailed from Sydney on a wet and windy evening, and as we were approaching the Sydney heads the captain did advise us to prepare as the seas would be rough.
The Captain was not wrong I have been on 9 cruises and I found the seas that night quite awfull for a litle while, and if I could have got of I probably would have.

I found after I lied down for a while and got myself adjusted to the movement of the ship I was ok and I even did some dancing a More few hours later.

I love cruising so I soon forgot the bad weather experience, and luckily the seas did calm down for the rest of the cruise.

The weather for the first few days was not ideal for a cruise, but we still had a great time on board.

The ships entertainment was good (the cruise director staff had to put on more entertainment as the weather was wet at our first 2 ports of call).
Having the covered pool(adults pool) area was also good as it is a nice relaxing area to enjoy the sea views or have something yummy to eat or drink at the Park Cafe (roast beef rolls, salads, sandwiches)
The food on the Rhapsody was great in both the Windjammers and the main dineing room. We had lots of choice. Our waiters were really good and often got us double serves. We sat on a table of 11 and we enjoyed meeting the other couples and we became good freinds dureing the meals we shared together.

The nightly entertainment was great, we had 3 shows with the ships singers and dancers all were great. The guest entertainers were good and Ricky the cruise director I feel gave 100% to his job.
The 70's disco night in the centrum was my favourite it was the best fun.

We had been to all the ports before but again we had a good time, doing our own thing. The islands are nice and relaxing to visit.

We have now cruised on all 3 of Royal Carribeans ships currently sailing from Sydney.
My husband and I both like the Radiance of the Seas the best, the ship has the WOW factor for us and we loved our cruise on her last year.

The Voyager of the Seas is fantastic, both our daughters and us had a enjoyable cruise on her in January. The ship because of its size has a lot to offer.

We liked the Rhapsody she seemed to have a nice feel to her, which is good as we are booked to go on Rhapsody again in March 2014.

We highly recommend Royal Carribean and which ever ship you pick, we dont think your be disappointed.

Happy cruising Less