Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Loyal RC Cruiser: Love RCCL and Freedom of the Seas

Loyal RC Cruiser
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Love RCCL and Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was the first time that I actually thought about cruising with another line.

Embarkation day- went very smooth. We stayed at the Radisson Resort the night before and they have redone the rooms with new furniture, carpet and amenities. It was quite nice for the price. We scheduled the first shuttle which left the hotel at 10:30 a.m. Right one time I must say, arrived at the pier, very short line. When we arrived at the check in desk they did not have our sea pass cards and the cameras were broke so it was a short wait to make new cards then had to have our photo taken when we were getting on the ship. Still no problem and went quickly. We were onboard at 11:40 a.m. Headed to the Windjammer and found a table quickly.

First night at sea the water was rough so we skipped the main dining room.

Next day we arrived at Cococay Bahamas, I read many reviews to skip the BBQ on the island, glad I didn't it was great. Headed back to the ship at 3:00 p.m.

Went More to the main dining room this evening, this was where all the disappointment started, our assistant waiter barely opened his mouth to us, did not explain anything, did not keep our drinks full, we had the soda package, but barely got water let alone soda. The waiter made you fell guilty if you ordered something and did not like it and wanted to order something else. They definitely did not make you feel welcome or like a Gold Member. What a disappointment. So much that the only nights we ate in the dining room is when they had something n the menu that we didn't want to miss like Friday night, formal night which was lobster night. However we did have to wait over an hour to have our dinner,due to the chef not preparing enough food.

We did see our head waiter, waiter and assistant waiter from our cruise in 2011 and what a warm welcome they gave us. I wish we could have moved to the 4th floor dining room to be with one of them, what phenomenal service they provided in 2011. I will never forget them.

We were asked by a head waiter in the Windjammer about our experience and we were honest with him and he took down our names and room numbers and wrote down everything we said, we thought he would have done something but no, we went back the next night and it was just as bad.
What a shame, I have always like RCCL but now I am thinking of looking at other cruise lines. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>