Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Horsebum63

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Great job, Princess!
This was my husband's first ever cruise and my first with Princess. I have cruised many years ago. I only know the if anyone has complaints, it's not for Princess' lack of trying - we have no complaints.

Sailed out March 10, 2013 and were delayed in Embarkation due to the prior cruise's sudden illnesses the night before. (It later turned out to be a probable contamination/ virus from Grand Turk, so we did not stop there - went to Nassau instead, which was nice instead of an extra day at sea.). We met Aris, the DJ, in the terminal and he was just awesome. Talked to us and several others for 30 minutes. He remembered us all throughout our cruise and was one of many, many people who were very special. Embarkation was easy once in process.

Lovely night, a little rocky, but no major motion. Seemed unusually rocky in the sea the first part of the trip. Day 1 was Princess Cays - gorgeous beach. Very relaxing, yes, not the grand barbecue, but just fine. Drinks and music were good - drinks a little pricey, but no more than any other vacation spot. I have some digestive issues, so that afternoon, I began experiencing a little troubles and our waiter noticed this. (We had 6 pm seating in Boccelli - best way to go!). Jorge immediately contacted one of the main waits and he took care of my dietary needs - each night I previewed the menu and he prepared all my meals lactose free and made me a special dessert each night. I was so surprised by that detail to care. Food was delicious, tried new things, and we ate one night in the Crown Grill - worth the extra. The service was impeccable and food outstanding there.

We did a kayaking excursion through our travel agent on St. Maarten - ok, but St. Maarten is not my favorite place. Crowded, dumpy in areas, and the taxi drivers are crazy. Total chaos getting a taxi. Once there though to Simpson Lagoon, it was a great experience. Our guide Megan was very knowledgable. We rode back with the RC Oasis of the Sea group who had a nice bus.

St. Thomas was a trip to Meghan's Bay - we loved the relaxing and the taxi drivs were super. Nice, funny, and polite. Organized, too!

We stayed on the ship for the Nassau port and loved it. Very light on the passengers, so you had the ship almost to yourself. Sun seemed to shine always after lunch!

Overall, we loved it. Princess treated upswell, our cabin steward, Reggie, was moved to our area and was new but really did a great job. Room with balcony awesome, clean, plenty of room. I brought a pocket compartment hanger I got online to hang in the shower with our shampoos, etc, and it was perfect. Suitcases all fit under your bed. Or bed was good, but by Friday, I wished I had asked for the padded mattress cover.

We would definitely go back. Before we sailed though, I read a lot of reviews and found the positive ones most helpful. The negative ones I really don't undstand afttere our trip.

Publication Date: 03/19/13