“Terrific Cruise!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas

TTBrad Brilliance of the Seas 5 Terrific Cruise!
TTBrad
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our 9th cruise with 5 different cruise lines (Carnival, Celebrity, NCL and Holland America). We had been on the Radiance of the Seas and loved it so we tried the Brilliance to visit a couple of different islands (Tortola and Guadeloupe). The embarkation in San Juan was fast and efficient (unlike the disembarkation -- took 2 hours to get through the terminal and customs for some reason - longest ever!) Food -- the food was great everywhere -- I even found the breakfast buffet was better than on Celebrity. I had freshly prepared omelettes most mornings with bacon, banana pancakes, yogurt, fruit, etc. and everything was delicious. For lunch, we ate sandwiches, onion rings, burgers, etc. at the Seaview Cafe or sandwiches and salads from the Solariam Cafe -- both were good. The Windjammer buffet was equally as good. We had dinner in the Dining Room 3 times and it was very good. One night we had dinner in Chops Grille and the filet mignon was excellent. The beef in the dining was just as good and you can order a filet for an extra $15 or $20 so I'm not sure if I would spend the extra $120 for the 4 of us to eat at Chops again but it was very good nonetheless. The desserts were good -- especially the flourless chocolate cake (like fudge!!!), the chocolate sensation cake (I'm a chocoholic) and the key lime pie. One thing I thought was missing were cappuccino machines. They had tea and coffee machines like usual but it's an extra touch that I think every ship should have (Carnival has them!). Ship -- The ship is a bit worn like many people say (mainly the carpets) but still very nice and clean. It's not too big so you can go from your room to the pool or dining room without leaving ½ hour early!!! It's going into dry dock next month for 3 weeks so she'll be even nicer when she's done. Entertainment -- I only saw parts of a few shows and they are on par with most ships. Summary -- Overall, I found the cruise to be very relaxing and the itinerary was great. Lots of beautiful islands and a nice relaxing sea day to end it all off. We will definitely be booking RCL again for another cruise in the future.
Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
Barbados is always one of the best ports of call for us. We went to the beach for most of the day - the sun was HOT, the water was clear and beautiful and the people are super friendly!
Read 998 Barbados Reviews
Port
We went on an eco sailing and snorkel tour and it was great - not much room on the zodiac boat but the guides were really friendly and helpful. Went to a private island - Carets - and I found a starfish on the beach! Guadeloupe is a bit too big and industrialized for my liking but it's an island in the Caribbean so it's still nice!
Zip-lining
We went zip-lining with Sky Safari and it was excellent. Got an island tour on the way there and back and went flying across the tropical forest at over 1,000 ft above sea level. Definitely a rush!
Always a favourite! Been here many times so went to the beach in Philipsburg and shopped when it got too hot!
Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
We had booked the tour to the Virgin Gorda Baths but due to a storm in the north east, the tour was cancelled :( We went to a nice beach where we body surfed in the 10 ft waves - fun!
Read 967 Tortola Reviews
Published 03/18/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Brilliance of the Seas Review
Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?