Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by TTBrad

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by TTBrad
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: TTBrad
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        13-15 4.0
        16+ 4.0

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Terrific Cruise!
This was our 9th cruise with 5 different cruise lines (Carnival, Celebrity, NCL and Holland America). We had been on the Radiance of the Seas and loved it so we tried the Brilliance to visit a couple of different islands (Tortola and Guadeloupe).

The embarkation in San Juan was fast and efficient (unlike the disembarkation -- took 2 hours to get through the terminal and customs for some reason - longest ever!)

Food -- the food was great everywhere -- I even found the breakfast buffet was better than on Celebrity. I had freshly prepared omelettes most mornings with bacon, banana pancakes, yogurt, fruit, etc. and everything was delicious. For lunch, we ate sandwiches, onion rings, burgers, etc. at the Seaview Cafe or sandwiches and salads from the Solariam Cafe -- both were good. The Windjammer buffet was equally as good. We had dinner in the Dining Room 3 times and it was very good. One night we had dinner in Chops Grille and the filet mignon was excellent. The beef in the dining was just as good and you can order a filet for an extra $15 or $20 so I'm not sure if I would spend the extra $120 for the 4 of us to eat at Chops again but it was very good nonetheless.

The desserts were good -- especially the flourless chocolate cake (like fudge!!!), the chocolate sensation cake (I'm a chocoholic) and the key lime pie. One thing I thought was missing were cappuccino machines. They had tea and coffee machines like usual but it's an extra touch that I think every ship should have (Carnival has them!).

Ship -- The ship is a bit worn like many people say (mainly the carpets) but still very nice and clean. It's not too big so you can go from your room to the pool or dining room without leaving ½ hour early!!! It's going into dry dock next month for 3 weeks so she'll be even nicer when she's done.

Entertainment -- I only saw parts of a few shows and they are on par with most ships.

Summary -- Overall, I found the cruise to be very relaxing and the itinerary was great. Lots of beautiful islands and a nice relaxing sea day to end it all off. We will definitely be booking RCL again for another cruise in the future.

Publication Date: 03/18/13
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by TTBrad
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Brilliance of the Seas Reviews