Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by jkm151

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Outstanding Freedom of the Seas Cruise
We are 2 guys 60 and 52. We live in Tampa,Fl. an decided to drive to Port Canaveral for our cruise on the Freedom. It is about a 2 hour drive to the port,and it was a very easy drive. We arrived there at around 9:45, parked the car right across from the terminal. They opened the terminal at 10:30, and we breezed through check-in. We were on the ship at 11:15.

The first impressions of this ship is a big WOW. Lots of glass and brass, and marble floors. Simply breathtaking. We proceed to the Windjammer for lunch, as the cabins were not ready until 1:00. Lunch was outstanding as it would be everyday for breakfast and lunch. Food was hot and plentiful with lots to choose from. Various free drinks were offered. I had purchased the soda package which gave me an insulated cup to use at the Coke Freestyle machines. If you love soda, definitely get this.

Rooms were ready at 1:00, and we proceed to deck 9 to cabin 9342 a Superior Oceanview Balcony room. Upon entering the room we said "WOW" A beautiful layout with the bed near the balcony. It was immaculate and everything in place. We met our cabin attendant Walter who was simply outstanding in providing us the best service I have ever had. Always prompt in requests, we never had to ask for a thing.

We had Traditional Dining at 5:30 in the Isaac Dining room on deck 4. We had table 477 which was right next to the window with a view of the beautiful ocean. Out waiter Ruperto and the assistant waiter Jeroldine with nothing but simply amazing. They were the best wait staff I have had in all my cruises. Always smiling and happy. The food was outstanding every night, with many choices. You won't go hungry on this ship.

We enjoyed the Solarium area on deck 11, which was the adult pool area with padded loungers,2 big hot tubs and a large pool. Very comfortable and quiet out there with no children allowed. The other pools areas were quite large and very nice to be at too. Various bars there to get your favorite cocktails. Area was always kept immaculate. I have never seen such a clean ship like this one.

The shows on Freedom were great. Our favorite one was the Ice show. It was outstanding, and the skaters were nothing but fantastic. The rink was small and ship was rocking and rolling. I tip my hat to them. DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!!!

Our ports on this cruise was Coco Cay, St. Thomas and Saint Maarten. We stayed on the ship for Coco Cay and St.Thomas just enjoying the quiet and nearly deserted ship. On Saint Maarten we had a sponsored tour by Bernards Tours. Do not miss taking one of his tours. This tour was about a 7 hour one of the entire island. We went to an Iguana farm,Orient Beach, Marigot on the french side for delicious pastries at an authentic French pastry shop called Sarafinas.Next was Maho Beach where the big planes fly so slow right over your head you can almost touch them. What a sight!!!

We had 2 quiet days at sea on returning to Port Canaveral. Disembarkation was the easiest and fastest I have ever experienced. Off the ship at 9:00 and in my car at 9:30 driving back to Tampa.

To sum it up, the best cruise ever and my first on Royal Caribbean. They certainly know how to do cruises right. I certainly will cruise again on the Freedom of the Seas. Do not hesitate, as you will have a fantastic time. I hope you all enjoy reading this. Happy Cruising!!!!

Publication Date: 03/19/13