Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Encruiseiasm

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: Encruiseiasm
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Fantastic Disney Fantasy
Disney just knows how to do it right! They wowed us and they will wow you too!

The ship is spectacularly beautiful inside and out. Even the public restrooms are gorgeous. Yes, it's true, you will even see people taking photos of the restrooms in the adult night club section called Europa. They feature splendid Italian glass tile mosaics. I even saw one woman have her husband make sure no man was in the men's restrooms so she could capture photos of them as well!

The three themed main dining rooms are unique, the service is splendid, and the food very good. If you don't care for haute cuisine there are some plain offerings like chicken and steak with a baked potato every night. You should try the Palo brunch just once for an up charge of $20 that is well worth it. Just make your reservation online for an at sea day as soon as you can.

Disney bus transportation is seamless to and from the airport and you can get to the port terminal even before it opens for others, just be sure to choose an early port arrival time as soon as you can complete your online check in.

The entertainment is true Disney family Broadway style shows with special effects that everyone will love, and they show first run movies every day. We saw the just released "Oz" in 3D. All this and a pirate night with fireworks at sea! It is just over the top!

The ship is constantly being cleaned inside and out from top to bottom 'round the clock. I've never been in a cleaner more super spotless space. As you enter any dining room or buffet you are greeted at the door with a sanitizing wipe to cleanse your hands. Also, when returning to the ship from port there are hand foaming stations set up before you step onto the ship. This really made me very happy to see how proactive Disney is about keeping germs at bay!

All of the cast members you will interact with will treat you like royalty. They are a very happy crew that are treated well themselves. They love working for Disney, and it shows!

All this is topped off with a luxury stop at Disney's own Island, Castaway Cay! I spent the day in Serenity Bay, and it was idyllic. I found myself wondering if there was some way I could become a real castaway there and go home on another Disney ship in a couple of weeks or so! I took the very last tram back to the ship. I even ran into Captain Jack Sparrow while on the Island.

I'm 62 and I went down the Aquaduck water coaster on the ship ten times! It is at the same time exhilarating and relaxing. I don't like roller casters or any scary rides, so try it...you'll like it!

I could write a lot more, but let me just end by saying....BOOK IT!.... and get a veranda for sure.

Publication Date: 03/18/13