Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bizfun

Member Name: bizfun
Cruise Date: March 2013
        7-9 4.0
        13-15 2.0

Carnival Breeze - Enjoyed almost everything!
My family (wife and 2 kids) and I just came back from a great experience on the Carnival Breeze. Leaving out of Miami, we were scheduled to visit Grand Turks, Ocho Rios and Nassau but due to early information from other ships ahead of us at Grand Turks, the captain decided to skip that port. The issue seemed to be a widespread gastro-intestinal problem on other ships at that port.

Despite not visiting Grand Turks, the cruise on the Breeze was magnificent. I'm not sure what a number of the previous negative reviews are complaining about. We were in a suite and all the services were excellent. The crew was super friendly and there were enough activities to keep you busy. The cruise director, Butch, is one ball of energy. I don't think he sleeps more than 2 hours every night!

The food was really good, especially Guy's burgers and the Indian food. The pizza is available 24 hours and is especially good for something you would get on a ship. The breakfast burritos and tacos at the Blue Iguana was also a great place.

Guy's burgers is only open from Noon to 6:00pm so the lines are pretty heavy during peak times. My suggestion is to hit this after 2:00ish. It's worth the wait!!

My 9 year old took advantage of Camp Carnival and enjoyed almost everything they had planned. My 15 year old tried the Club 02 but did not go back. I don't think it's a poor reflection on the program as much as it is the teenage years.

In terms of entertainment, the band called "something" Souljaz (sorry, can't remember the first name) is incredible. The singer is fabulous and the band is really good. The nightly shows in the main theatre are not bad but it does have some room for improvement (see below).

There were only couple of disappointing areas for me:

1. The production at night called Diva's and Latin Nights were truly a disappointment. Not to be mean but all the singers, who are the same for both, really need more vocal lessons. Either that or Carnival audio department needs to invest in an Autotune module so the singers don't sound off-key. I was very surprised Carnivals production director would allow a sub-par crew to perform.

2. The satellite signal for the cabin TVs are terrible. Almost half the channels were constantly going out due to signal issues. I can understand some of that while we at sea but it was the same when docked at a port! Maybe it's time to get some technical advice from DirecTV or DISH Network.

3. Along the lines of the TV issue, Carnival needs to revamp their software that manages your Sign & Sail account especially when managed via the cabin TV. For example, when viewing your account and various charges, I would have to go through each person on my itinerary to see what was charged and then keep a running total in my mind to know what my total spend was. I understand the individual detail is important but they should have an option to see a summary version...especially for families travelling together. It's an absolute pain to use the TV remote to navigate through 4 "accounts" and keep a running total to see what is being charged.

Other than the 3 areas of improvement stated above, we really enjoyed the cruise and everything else about it.

Publication Date: 03/17/13