Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by dorawat: Wonderful

Family & Children 4.0

Wonderful

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

I had write this review and let everyone know that the last cruise of the Destiny was great. I did the research before we booked and knew that the ship was going to be refitted. In preparation of any remodeling, there will be things to do in order for the remodeling to go smoothly. I expected some renovations to take place while we were on board ship. I will try to address some of the issues previous posters had while aboard this ship.

There were a few small areas on the deck that they had blocked off. No big deal, you just had to walk around.

Lack of elevators - Yes this was a little annoying since I hurt my knee and couldn't do stairs. I waited patiently. I didn't have anywhere to be. Fritz, our wonderful waiter, was going to serve us dinner if we were a few minutes later.

Ship being cold in some areas. Yes, it was cold in some areas of the ship mainly outside or near doors, since it was wintertime in the Atlantic. At night, I would turn the vent on in our More room so that I could snuggle up in the nice warm comfy bed.

Food. Well I for sure did not go hungry. I got tired of eating. The food on the Lido deck outside was not hot but it was outside in 50 degree temperatures with winds of 15-20mph some days. The selection was good. The Chinese was great. The desserts in the dining room were wonderful. There were a few days that I didn't like what was on the buffet or in the dining room but that was personal tastes, so those times, I would grab a salad, pizza, or burger. There were options.

Entertainment. The 9-day at sea part was very good. After that section of the cruise the entertainment was fine. By that time though I've met more people and had fun dancing, comedy clubs, hot tub, and talking to my new friends.

I only had two problems with security. That was because they weren't using common sense. But it was resolved and I did get an apology from both guards. The rest of the staff was wonderful. Did the room steward only stop in twice a day (10am and then about 6pm)? Yes, he did. He changed the towels and took care of garbage, vacuum, and the beds. I didn't have to do it. YEAH.

My goal on this vacation was to relax. I did just that. There were days that I found a couch or lounge chair and I read my book. I had a wonderful time. I didn't have to cook, clean, or run errands. It was a vacation.

Our 8 year old was with us. He had a great time at camp carnival. He was bored a few times because due to the small number of children they weren't divided up into age groups. He did have fun.

I would have liked to have seen more options for entertainment, even in the afternoons or mornings. Noonan and Shorty did a good job with what they had.

I've seen alot of negative reviews and I wondered if those people were on the same ship I was on. I also wonder if they were on vacation or not. This was a great deal. We had an inside cabin and the total with tips, insurance, and to excursions for 18 days was about $2,400. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>