Disney Dream Cruise Review by KaTaHo

Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Cruise...not just for kids/families!
I recently took my first Disney cruise with my best friend for a long weekend girls' getaway. I've been a little hesitant to cruise Disney as I have no children and was a little concerned that being Disney the entire focus would be on kids and families. We were on the Disney Dream. What a beautiful ship. I loved the elegant style of the ship that was a throw back to the look of the original transatlantic ships with a little Mickey Mouse tastefully and subtly added in.

There were several things about this trip that were unique from my previous cruise experiences. I really enjoyed the smaller dining rooms and the rotational dining. It was fun having dinner each night in a new place, but with our same wonderful wait staff. We had a balcony cabin and the split bathroom (two rooms - one with sink and water closet, the other with sink and shower) was great for two gals traveling together and getting ready. The photo area was amazingly organized with all of our pictures from the cruise in one folder. No spending hours wandering around looking for our pictures. The debarkation at the end of the trip was so easy. We went to breakfast at our assigned time. Had a full sit down meal and then walked off the ship when we were done. Simply...easy!

The adult ares of the ship were very nice. Fun bars and clubs. It was great to go get a drink before dinner. The shows were very well done albeit pure Disney. Fireworks at sea were something I've never experienced before and quite spectacular.

The only area that I felt was really lacking was the adult pool area. It was very plain, not many chairs and not particularly inviting. It almost seemed an afterthought.

We had a fantastic time and I will definitely look at Disney the next time I get ready to plan a cruise.

Publication Date: 03/18/13