“Disney Cruise...not just for kids/families!”
Cruise review of Disney Dream

KaTaHo Disney Dream 4 Disney Cruise...not just for kids/families!
KaTaHo
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I recently took my first Disney cruise with my best friend for a long weekend girls' getaway. I've been a little hesitant to cruise Disney as I have no children and was a little concerned that being Disney the entire focus would be on kids and families. We were on the Disney Dream. What a beautiful ship. I loved the elegant style of the ship that was a throw back to the look of the original transatlantic ships with a little Mickey Mouse tastefully and subtly added in. There were several things about this trip that were unique from my previous cruise experiences. I really enjoyed the smaller dining rooms and the rotational dining. It was fun having dinner each night in a new place, but with our same wonderful wait staff. We had a balcony cabin and the split bathroom (two rooms - one with sink and water closet, the other with sink and shower) was great for two gals traveling together and getting ready. The photo area was amazingly organized with all of our pictures from the cruise in one folder. No spending hours wandering around looking for our pictures. The debarkation at the end of the trip was so easy. We went to breakfast at our assigned time. Had a full sit down meal and then walked off the ship when we were done. Simply...easy! The adult ares of the ship were very nice. Fun bars and clubs. It was great to go get a drink before dinner. The shows were very well done albeit pure Disney. Fireworks at sea were something I've never experienced before and quite spectacular. The only area that I felt was really lacking was the adult pool area. It was very plain, not many chairs and not particularly inviting. It almost seemed an afterthought. We had a fantastic time and I will definitely look at Disney the next time I get ready to plan a cruise.
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6678
Cabin 6678 - Great location. Quiet and near aft stairs. A few decks down for drinks and dinner, a few decks up for casual meals and sodas. This was a "navigator's verandah" so it was slightly closed in, much like a cove balcony on other ships. I would definitely stay in this cabin again.

Loved Disney's private island. Plenty of chairs, beautifully maintained. It was a great place to wander around, eat, drink and just be a beach bum.
Port
We purchased a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. We wanted a quiet, easy, low key day. We got just that. The $60 dollar day pass per person purchased online via Island Marketing was a great value. The pass gave us complete access to all the outdoor beach and pool area had to offer and included a $40 credit for food and drinks (and yes, that included alcohol). It was an easy walk from the port. The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. There are a few downsides to this location. First, the beach and pool are very small. Secondly, the body of water by the beach is the traffic lane for all of the giant cruise ships. I love watching the ships come in, but due to this traffic, the water seems a bit dirty and I had no desire to get in it. Overall, it was a great place to pass an afternoon reading in a comfy chair with a yummy beverage.
Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
Published 03/18/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?