Carnival Victory Cruise Review by corrigc: First and last cruise

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

First and last cruise

Sail Date: March 2013

- Arrived at the ship terminal and stood in line for almost 2hrs. Not knowing if this was normal, myself and my two teenage daughters quietly stood waiting to hear what the holdup was. We eventually received a letter for a Carnival rep indicated that the ship was going through a thoroughly cleaning due to a gastrointestinal outbreak on the previous cruise. At that moment, sheer panic came over me as I was about to board for a 5 night cruise. I can thankfully say even though our first and last cruise was not a good experience, my family and I didn't get sick. I think the use of our bottle of sanitizer every few minutes helped.
- The first morning I walked out of my cabin at 7am to overwhelm by the odour of marijuana coming from the cabin beside ours. I immediately found security/management and reported the incident. Sadly my complaints of the illegal activity went on and on, day and night for the entire cruise without security getting involved. Due to the configuration of More the cabin and how small the cabins are there was no escaping the odour of marijuana.
- First day at sea was extremely disappointing. My daughters and I searched for one hour to find a sun lounger. My idea of sitting 2 inches from other people was not what I envisioned. I asked the staff if there was a part of the ship that we were missing to find some place to seat to enjoy the sun. Unfortunately there wasn't any free space. We finally pulled up a piece of the floor and laid on our towel, hoping not get stepped on.
- Even though my girls were not young, I felt sorry for families that had young children. There was no safe pool that they their children could play in without partying young people acting very inappropriate and the concern about some drunken person jumping on their child. I watched as security stood by and ignore all this behaviour.

Overall, a cruise vacation is not for my family. I realize that it was Spring Break and therefore I am sure that the amount of alcohol abuse and wild behaviour was due to this time of year. However, I was not empress with Carnival's lack of security in the control of the passengers. On a positive note; I can say that the staff in the Dining room and our cabin steward were extremely helpful and pleasant. The ship was very cleaned for the most part. I hope my review helps those that are thinking about a cruise and Carnival Management with their rules and policies with respect to security. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Oceanview Riviera

Snorkeling

(5)
Excellent daY. best day of the whole cruise

Stingray Swim

(5)
Excellent

harrassed like crazy when we tried to walk around near the ship. Ended up going back to the ship