Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by windstarlover

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by windstarlover
Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator
Member Name: windstarlover
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Navigator Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Navigator Deck Plans
Don't believe the hype! The Emperor has no clothes!
Given Regents reputation I was completely and thoroughly disappointed with this cruise. I just got back today. Do NOT BOOK! I was so excited to be going on my first Regent's cruise, expensive but hopefully luxurious. Unfortunately this brand is resting on it's laurels because as it stands it is a mediocre 4 star experience and certainly not five or six stars. You can get the same thing for much less money.

First, the boat has a structural problem that causes it to vibrate and shake. Our bed on the 9th deck aft was like one of those "magic fingers" massage machines all night. Very annoying and nothing could be done to fix it. Shame on Regents for allowing this boat to go to sea given the awful vibrating. Especially a luxury line! The suite was spacious and nice if you could deal with the vibrations.

Second, the staff while trying hard, have no ability to respond to special requests or to accommodate anything out of the ordinary. The foods and beverages are with different wait staff so nothing is properly coordinated. And if you have special requests FORGET ABOUT IT. The food is never really hot and the taste of it is mediocre. Yes they have luxury items on the menu but they are not of the finest quality. I found the food lacking flavor. The produce on the ship was not ripe.

Third, they would cancel excursions at will and you don't get compensated if this happens. So I would rather go on a line where you pay for them because at least you get what you pay for. We missed a port due to weather but frankly it did not seem that bad to me and then I heard through the grapevine that they often cancel this port (Costa Maya).

Fourth, The entertainment was very corny and cheesy except for the piano player from Russia who was superb.

Fifth, Several cabins on this ship were flooded with water due to broken plumbing and Regents was very reluctant to compensate them. One person I know got only a $300.00 ship credit and this was after much protest and complaint. I found Regents to be cheap, frankly.

Sixth, The pool area is super crowded with the chaise lounges because crammed against each other as if you were on Coney Island Beach. I had a very unpleasant interaction with the ship General Manager Davic whom I didn't know who he was until I spotted it on the Ship program. I asked if I could move a chaise to the deck above (there were already several there and it was less crowded) and he replied abruptly that I could not. There were not nearly enough chaises to accommodate all the people that wanted them and he could care less. Remember this is a LUXURY cruise! The manage was there to lay down rules, not to extend themselves for your comfort and enjoyment.

Seventh, some friends told us they were in the lounge doing karaoke at 12:00 midnight and they were informed by the cruise director Lorraine (whom speaks in the phony happy tone of a television evangelist and appears to be something of a stepford wife) that they would have to wrap it up in 30 minutes!

The positives were as follows: 1) Beautiful spacious cabin and the room stewardesses were wonderfully with great service. 2) Pre cruise hotel, The Biltmore was truly a luxury experience and wonderful. 3) The bridge instructors were fabulous, Bob and Nancy.

I would never cruise Regent's again at any price but at the price I paid I felt I was taken because they have a 6 star reputation but they give a 4 star (at best) product.

Publication Date: 03/16/13
More Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Navigator review Read the next Seven Seas Navigator review

Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review