Carnival Victory 5

“Don't believe the fuss!”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

vzarah84
Member Since 2010
96 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Before this cruise, I hadn't sailed since September of 2011. I was on the forums reading about all these changes that were made in 2012 due to Carnival cutbacks. I read that the wait in the dining room was ridiculous since they are now shortstaffed, I read that the food was now nasty (specifically the eggs - and I saw this NUMEROUS times), I read that there was no more live music anywhere (only loud DJs), I read that many were "bored" during fun day at sea since there are no longer many activities... the list goes on. But I was determined to go in with a positive attitude. I know that you can't please everybody. I was going to enjoy my trip...

And enjoy it I did! I went with a group of 7 (5 repeat cruisers, 1 first timer). We ALL had a blast. The first night, there was a long wait for dinner. We were quite irritated, but the remaining 3 nights were just fine. Everyone was friendly, the ship was clean (a little outdated - but who goes for decor??), and the food was good. Yes, More they do have more options now (i.e. "normal food" like meatloaf, fried chicken, etc) but still the other choices. And the million people that said the eggs are now nasty and powdery are crazy. The eggs were still just as delicious as I remembered. There was live music several times. On the fun day at sea, there was plenty of things to do. It all depends on your interest. Yes, there were some things that changed; but minor things. Nothing that'll deter me from cruising Carnival again. I was a little hurt that they did away with the past guest party. But on my next cruise, I become gold. So it's all good! All in all, we had a fantastic time and were so sad when it was over. Less

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6B1332
Quiet location, nice view, enough room for the 3 of us. The "spring" on our door worked fine to keep it open, but the connecting room's spring didn't. So we had to prop their door with a desk so that we could keep it open at all times.

If you haven't been to Mr. Sanchos, go!!! We did the all inclusive and it was so much fun. Free drinks and food for $50. Fair priced massages and friendly staff. Afterwards, we went to Three Amigos and started a party inside and outside the bar. We didn't even want to get back on the ship!
Read 4533 Cozumel Reviews

Pub Crawl
Waayyy too much fun. We had a fantastic time meeting others and drinking at 10 AM.

Published 03/15/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?