Carnival Victory Cruise Review by vzarah84

Carnival Victory
Member Name: vzarah84
Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: 6B
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Don't believe the fuss!
Before this cruise, I hadn't sailed since September of 2011. I was on the forums reading about all these changes that were made in 2012 due to Carnival cutbacks. I read that the wait in the dining room was ridiculous since they are now shortstaffed, I read that the food was now nasty (specifically the eggs - and I saw this NUMEROUS times), I read that there was no more live music anywhere (only loud DJs), I read that many were "bored" during fun day at sea since there are no longer many activities... the list goes on. But I was determined to go in with a positive attitude. I know that you can't please everybody. I was going to enjoy my trip...

And enjoy it I did! I went with a group of 7 (5 repeat cruisers, 1 first timer). We ALL had a blast. The first night, there was a long wait for dinner. We were quite irritated, but the remaining 3 nights were just fine. Everyone was friendly, the ship was clean (a little outdated - but who goes for decor??), and the food was good. Yes, they do have more options now (i.e. "normal food" like meatloaf, fried chicken, etc) but still the other choices. And the million people that said the eggs are now nasty and powdery are crazy. The eggs were still just as delicious as I remembered. There was live music several times. On the fun day at sea, there was plenty of things to do. It all depends on your interest. Yes, there were some things that changed; but minor things. Nothing that'll deter me from cruising Carnival again. I was a little hurt that they did away with the past guest party. But on my next cruise, I become gold. So it's all good! All in all, we had a fantastic time and were so sad when it was over.

Publication Date: 03/15/13