Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by VICTOR MATURE: Cruising just isn`t for me, or maybe I was unlucky.

VICTOR MATURE
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cruising just isn`t for me, or maybe I was unlucky.

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My wife has a life long fear of water, and hates long flights , so it was great that I was able to persuade her to cruise the Caribbean.
The ship was a modern work of engineering skill, and was well equipped.
The staff were attentive and Celebrity took sickness seriously with cleansing staff at all restaurant entrances with their hand cleansers.
We visited St Thomas,St Kitts & Nevis Barbados Dominica & St Martin. Of those Of those only Barbados and St Martin would stay with me to revisit.The others (in my humble opinion ) were a waste of time.
A lot of time effort went into getting passengers to places to buy Diamonds and emeralds on the ship and in the ports, in fact the first stop must have had at least 300 jewelry outlets, if that is the culture of the Carribean I have been misled in its history. The food on the Ship was excellent in the main dining room and good in the various cafes. Water was $ 2.80 for a small bottle + 15% Gratuities Photo $50 + Gratuities etc, More at times the main walkways looked like Petticoat Lane with fairly tacky goods piled on tables, not wahat I expected at all. Entertainment was passable, the troupe tried hard but some of the acts were not up to scratch (in my humble opinion).
I have had holidays in over 20 countries, mostly Europe and Africa and am able to compare facilities, and I felt that the experience provided by some of the non restaurant staff left a lot to be desired and did not live up to the ship. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda Vista Deck (8) 9127

Cabin was fine,attendant was excellent. When washing the balcony above ,please check the balcony below as we were drenched once, not really very funny.

Island Tour

(5.5)
An excellent tour, excellent guide went to places no other tours went to ( local in laws etc organised) Saw a lot of the island ,loved it, will go back.

Island tour

(4)
What an awful place, deep drains everywhere, broken light bulbs, telephone boxes sullen staff in shops, electrical cables sticking up out of the tarmac on street corners. The island was a true volcanic island and we visited a live " Vent" and the waterfalls and the beaches. That was good but when we returned to the town couldn`t wait to get on to the ship.

Island tour

(5)
A young man gave us arunning commentary of life there, which was good and illuminating, poverty was awful almost everywhere but the island still had its own raw beauty.

A very clean civilised place good facilities and shops very welcoming, a nice ambience, people were polite and friendly and I came away wanting to return. The whole island experience was good including the tour.

We decide to walk and explore the main town but my Video shows hundreds of Jewelry shops which was a shock to the system, not at all what we expected and felt we were running a gauntlet. Nothing was priced and ther were lots of OFFERS. The town itself was o.k. but a long way from the port a 15 min walk or a taxi.
Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews