Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by VICTOR MATURE

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by VICTOR MATURE
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: VICTOR MATURE
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 1B
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Cruising just isn`t for me, or maybe I was unlucky.
My wife has a life long fear of water, and hates long flights , so it was great that I was able to persuade her to cruise the Caribbean.

The ship was a modern work of engineering skill, and was well equipped.

The staff were attentive and Celebrity took sickness seriously with cleansing staff at all restaurant entrances with their hand cleansers.

We visited St Thomas,St Kitts & Nevis Barbados Dominica & St Martin. Of those Of those only Barbados and St Martin would stay with me to revisit.The others (in my humble opinion ) were a waste of time.

A lot of time effort went into getting passengers to places to buy Diamonds and emeralds on the ship and in the ports, in fact the first stop must have had at least 300 jewelry outlets, if that is the culture of the Carribean I have been misled in its history. The food on the Ship was excellent in the main dining room and good in the various cafes. Water was $ 2.80 for a small bottle + 15% Gratuities Photo $50 + Gratuities etc, at times the main walkways looked like Petticoat Lane with fairly tacky goods piled on tables, not wahat I expected at all. Entertainment was passable, the troupe tried hard but some of the acts were not up to scratch (in my humble opinion).

I have had holidays in over 20 countries, mostly Europe and Africa and am able to compare facilities, and I felt that the experience provided by some of the non restaurant staff left a lot to be desired and did not live up to the ship.

Publication Date: 03/16/13