Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jennyprovo

Cruise Date: February 2013
Cabin Category: B3
Spa & Fitness 5+

Splendid Cruise
I really enjoyed this cruise. Embarkation in Miami was quick and easy. No waiting in line. We were on the ship and eating lunch at Taste by noon. Before our lunch was over our rooms were available. We had a balcony room and the other party we were with had an inside. We thought the balcony had plenty of space and storage. The bathroom situation didn't bother us but I can see if you were someone you didn't know well it would be a little strange. The other party that had the inside room thought it was small compared to when they had cruised on Carnival.

It is a very crowded ship but I was able to find places where there were not as many people. Especially deck 18. If you really wanted to be by the pool then prepare to get there early. That did't matter too me. Even at 1PM there were plenty of chairs on deck 18.

Food was good. I didn't particularly like the band playing in Manhattan. We were basically on the dance floor and found it hard to talk to each other because it was too load. We probably should have asked to be seated away from there. I love the Indian food on the buffet. And the bread pudding is to die for. I didn't really try much else since I knew I liked the Indian.

I loved St Maarten and St Thomas but the Bahamas not so much. I don't like how pushy all the shops are in the Bahamas. I like to browse and not be asked every second what I wanted. St Maarten was much more relaxed. I guess that is why they call it the "Friendly Island".

While I liked the entertainment on the ship I am not sure I like how structured it was. Everything had to be planned out. So much for Freestyle Cruising. I enjoyed the daily show when we were on the Star. We had a party of 5 so it made it hard to just show up and get a seat together. I didn't really like Legends. Michael Jackson was good but Donna Summer and Jimmy Buffett wasn't my thing.

Would I sail the Epic again. Of course!! Any vacation is good for me.

Publication Date: 03/16/13