Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by cindy1957: Not Your Typical Celebrity Cruise

cindy1957
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Not Your Typical Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: March 2013

Before our cruise someone asked the question on C.C. about Celebrity and the spring break crowd. We had fun on this cruise but spring break combined with a 5 day schedule along with the 1,2,3 Beverage special made this an upscale booze cruise for sure. There were at least 300 college kids on board. They were fine but it really did change the vibe of the ship. Rumor had it on board that two got busted in Jamaica for "meeting Bob Marley". Not typical. On the other hand the rudest people I encountered were older folks not the college kids. They were there to have fun and were very cheerful!

Condition of ship A- : Just wonderful. The design is different and not as modern as the S class ships but the decor was lovely and tasteful. The ship was in good shape and crew were always doing something to keep it looking that way.

Embarkation A- :
It was harder to negotiate parking in Miami than in Ft. Lauderdale. We used offsite Global Parking named Premier Parking in Miami. More It was a parking garage and not hard to find. Fortunately I brought all my documentation because even through I spoke to someone ahead of time to confirm the guy at the site did not have my name on his "list'. Thank goodness I saved my email communication. It was a lot cheaper at $7.50 a day than the port $20 a day. Celebrity's process was easy and quick!

Cabin A-: We got upgraded to 8127. It was disability accessible but the same size as the other Sky Suites. Very roomy and nice. Sky Suites come with a butler. Unfortunately having a butler was wasted on us. He and the cabin steward were very friendly and competent. We really liked the central location of the cabin!

Food B: Ate in the MDR, Aqua Cafe or Buffet. Okay but not special. So bummed that no lobster or escargot unless you pay big bucks at the specialty restaurant. People I met raved about the Tuscan Grill and Ocean Liners. I just think it is too bad that you go on a cruise and the best you can say about the MDR food is that is was good. I really want to be able to say it was special.
I really love the coffee bar!

Entertainment A: Talented musicians and dancers. Lots of variety. It was the best part of the cruise.

Crew B+: Hard working, almost always pleasant. Stressed out by the spring breaker behavior! They had a hard time keeping track of the drink orders and people were upset about some high dollar mistakes!

Debarkation: Just wonderful. The parking company was not so great. You get what you pay for. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Sky Suite Penthouse Deck (6) 8127

8127 great location, roomy!

Nice new port area. Scary town. Thought we would do a walking tour based on the "historical walking tour map". Got three blocks away and turned around. Do not explore this town on your own. This is the place to do the ship excursions.
Read 471 Falmouth Reviews

Snorkeling

(5.5)
Wonderful island and excursion! Beautiful reef for snorkeling.

Stingray Swim