Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by tinrose56

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by tinrose56
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: tinrose56
Cruise Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

We'll be back
This is our first Celebrity cruise and we are mostly happy with it. The lady that took care of us at embarkation was efficient but not very friendly and the security people were scary. However, I felt better when we boarded we were greeted with champagne which was a very nice touch. The deco of the ship is beautiful and not stuffy like other ships I been on and I can't get over the live tree in the center of the ship.

Our cabin is on the 3rd deck, which is pretty convenient to the dinning room, gangway, and shopping, we didn't hear any noise or felt any vibration at all from the engine like we did on another ship. The cabin is pretty roomy and the beds were comfortable. I like that the bathroom have built-in nightlight but not much room to hang wet bathing suits or towels. We didn't use the mini refrigerator but find it strange that it was locked. Our cabin stewards are excellent; they are attentive and friendly as most if not all of the staff on the ship (all very friendly and accommodating).

The food in the Opus was good except for the egg benedict, the Hollandaise sauce was icy cold and when I brought it back she didn't understand what I was saying but was happy to made me another one but the sauce on the second one was still icy cold. I didn't try it again after that. The main dining room food was good but not outstanding, the rib eye was chewy (and I ordered it med. Rare), the tofu was hard and the lobster tail was over cooked, but once again the wait staff were excellence. We have open seating and were looking forward to sharing a table to meet new friends, however, more often than not we were either seated at a table for 2 or a table of six with no one else but us. Also, we didn't find out until the end of the cruise that we could've made reservations and request to have the same waiter each night.

The show for the first night was amazing after that they were average and the same comedy show was repeated several times. The house band D-Reflection was fantastic, Cindy had a great voice and she's always smiling. We always enjoy shows with passenger participation such the newly wed game, family fuel etc. they have this one dance with the officers that's pretty entertaining however, the places where they hold such events (the 3rd deck foyer and Celebrity Central) are way too small, they also need new questions for the newly wed game. Cruise director Paul did a good job and he has a very good voice (wish he would sing more) and his sidekick David Jenson is ready to host a ship of his own.

Shopping on board was ok, and the advertised Amber event never happened. When I inquired about it nobody seem to know what was going on until couple of days later I mentioned it to Aleksandra in Serenity shop and she went out of her way to get me the discount I would had if the event had taken place.

As for ports, instead of at sea for two days than ports three days in a roll than two more days at sea I wish they would break it up some.

Publication Date: 03/14/13