Ruby Princess 3

Cruise review of Ruby Princess

robare02
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

There were good things( movies under the stars, the casino, but they beat me there too. Lot of pools and hot tubs.) and bad parts on this cruise but not enough good to make me cruise on this ship again. Boarding was good but the departure was bottleneck, maybe due to the number of sick people getting off the ship due to the norovirus. My wife was effected but we did not go to the infirmary because it hit her the last night of the cruise. The cabin was good and our steward did a great job for us.

We were in the traditional dinning but felt like we we in a school cafeteria and was served with the bums rush. Meals were cold and servers disorganized. If we were not traveling with two other couples that we talked in to cruising I would have taken my dinners somewhere else on the ship. I found the buffer ok but nothing to right home about.

We did not make the first stop because of ruff sea. Coming from Iowa we were looking forward to the beach. I liked St. Marten, fun More place and beach. Then off to St. Thomas for great snorkel great fun and crew. The ship dock a long was from shopping. You had to take a cab to get to the port store etc., did not go but have been on other cruise so missed doing it. Lastly we were at Turk and Chaos and Margarita-ville, take you wallet, drinks were costly and they were the only game in town.

Found the staff mostly cool, not like I had found on other cruise. Going through the motion service. Overall, could no wait to depart and start search for my next cruise...... Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money

Cabin review:

BGL226
Great balcony room!!

fun but costly.............. good beach and pool. Free wi-fi area. Very clean port area.
Read 1340 Grand Turk Reviews

Fun water taxi to the beach and cabs to Orient Beach service was good.

Catamaran Tour
Supper crew , great snorkel tour and diver!! good rum punch.

Published 03/14/13

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?