Ruby Princess Cruise Review by robare02

Cabin Category: BG
Cabin Number: L226

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Last Princess Cruise
There were good things( movies under the stars, the casino, but they beat me there too. Lot of pools and hot tubs.) and bad parts on this cruise but not enough good to make me cruise on this ship again. Boarding was good but the departure was bottleneck, maybe due to the number of sick people getting off the ship due to the norovirus. My wife was effected but we did not go to the infirmary because it hit her the last night of the cruise. The cabin was good and our steward did a great job for us.

We were in the traditional dinning but felt like we we in a school cafeteria and was served with the bums rush. Meals were cold and servers disorganized. If we were not traveling with two other couples that we talked in to cruising I would have taken my dinners somewhere else on the ship. I found the buffer ok but nothing to right home about.

We did not make the first stop because of ruff sea. Coming from Iowa we were looking forward to the beach. I liked St. Marten, fun place and beach. Then off to St. Thomas for great snorkel great fun and crew. The ship dock a long was from shopping. You had to take a cab to get to the port store etc., did not go but have been on other cruise so missed doing it. Lastly we were at Turk and Chaos and Margarita-ville, take you wallet, drinks were costly and they were the only game in town.

Found the staff mostly cool, not like I had found on other cruise. Going through the motion service. Overall, could no wait to depart and start search for my next cruise......

Publication Date: 03/14/13