Carnival Victory Cruise Review by NanaPL: Boring

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Boring

Sail Date: February 2013

This was our 1st time cruising and I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong to be in wonderful warm weather when it is cold and snowing in the North East was nice, but that was all. The ship is old and in desperate need of an update.

Let's start with the positive:
Our room Stewart was fantastic, spot on every day and did a great job. There were great bartenders in the casino and on lido deck that we loved. The wait staff was always right there when you needed them with a smile. We had a balcony room which I would have been miserable without. The cheers program is worth it if you plan on drinking, tip your bartenders and you wont be sorry. Grand Cayman Island is amazing.

Now the negative:
The food was nothing special. I would give it 2 stars, maybe 3 on formal night. The buffet was boring with nothing special and the same food every day. The best food we received was from room service. All portions were very small at the sit down dinners. I looked forward to More fantastic food but it really wasn't worth it.

The flow of this ship is all wrong and made it feel cramped. The lido deck was an obstacle course. On our fist day of the cruise they actually drained the main pool for repairs. This was empty at our 1st at sea day, really disappointing. The ship is old and out dated, the pink bathrooms were gross but clean.

The cruise was very boring, very little activities on Lido deck during at sea days. There was a band during much of the time but we would have liked more Lido deck entertainment. The only place we enjoyed in the evening was the smallish casino.

Ocho Rios is a horrible port of call. It was frightening how many times we were approached to purchase drugs. I will never step foot on that island again. Carnival should post a warning about the dangers when you get off of the ship.

TIPS:
This is a small ship with limited activities so be prepared. Do not schedule dinner in the rear of the ship. Always tip your wait staff and bartenders, it makes all the difference in the world. If you are not on deck before 10am you will not get a lounge chair during at sea days.

You get what you pay for, spend the extra money and go for a bigger better cruise ship. Carnival is the Wal-Mart of cruise ships. Save your money a little longer and go on a nicer cruise lien you wont be sorry. After this cruise on this ship I have no interest in cruising again. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory

Wonderful port of call, definitely safe and fun to explore the island. The people on this island are very nice and appreciate that you are there spending your money. Will definitely fly here for a vacation some day. Snorkel here for a great time!

This was so disappointing. Not my idea of a perfect get away. There are people trying to get you to buy drugs right next to security people. This island is so pretty but so dangerous. If you leave the ship beware, go with a group on pass on this port all together.