Carnival Magic Cruise Review by hubb56

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Magic was awesome
First off before I pleft on this cruise I had read review after review about the "Carnival Magic" I read positive reviews but many negative reviews. Well this was my first Carnival cruise after 5 RCCL cruises and I was so impressed with this cruise ship, crew, and very friendly passengers. I have always read the reviews for all my cruises and general they hold true. BUT I have to say this cruise I can't say one negative thing about it. It was amazing. I will try and break down the important things that I had read negative reviews about that I found to have no problems.

FOOD: The food was amazing. We ate in the Southern Lights Dining Room Oh my goodness it was a great variety, excellent flavor, any amount you wanted, fabulous service, We have 4 children age 7, 9, 16 and 16. The staff went out of their way to make sure the kids had everything they needed. Great service, no waiting, food was hot. I heard this from many fellow cruisers not just my opinion.Food on the Lido deck was absolutely awesome. Oh my goodness what a change from RCCL's windjammer. There was always something different to choose from. No one should walk away unhappy, although I did hear 1 gentlemen complain one day about how bland the desserts were. I had to laugh as I looked at the 3 pieces of desserts on his plate. I responded that I thought the desserts were wonderful and had great flavor he reported that they were not like his mothers. However, this gentleman had been on 16 cruises so I feel that the desserts somewhere along the way hadn't been that bad to be on 16 cruises. lol.

ENTERTAINMENT: Amazing is all I can say. Probably the best I have ever seen on a cruise.

PASSENGERS: Friendly, considerate,and fun.

CREW: I have no complaints. Again, probably the best I have ever experienced on any cruise

PICTURES: You will love the opportunities for professional pictures on this ship. Many fellow cruisers took advantage of this. I witnessed some awesome photo shoots. Some were in their carnival robes, shirts with The photographers were so involved with making sure everyone was just perfect for the shoot.I suggest you plan money for this because it is different than what I have experienced on RCCL and will be great to have for Christmas cards for this coming year.

One more thing I don't prepay my tips because I love to hand the staff the envelope and thank them in person.Please always remember to pay your tips. the staff do not receive a salary they depend on us. They work hard just as we do in our jobs. I can't imagine going to work everyday and not getting paid for it.One thing I like to do is bring treats from home for the room attendants such as candy, key-chains from your state, movies, books and dollar bills. I leave a thank you note with a treat and a couple dollars on the bed each morning. Try it sometime and see the joy on their faces and feel the joy it brings you when they are so appreciated for your little bit of kindness.

Happy Cruising!!!! I will be booking again on the Magic in September 2013....

Trish