Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by davek603: Brilliance

Overall Member Rating

Brilliance

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: San Juan

This was my 10th cruise on RCI. I have to say the last few years I had been finding that the service was not what it used to be but on this cruise this cruise was not the case. We had the BEST dining room service that we have had in years. Our waiter and assistant waiter went beyond what was expected and regularly told us if we were not happy to let them know right away as they wanted to meet our expectations!

The Brilliance is due to go into dry dock for some serious renovations. I have been on ships due for dry dock before and I was quite worried when I found out this one was going in soon. I was on Grandeur years ago and it was a total disaster. I again was surprised to find the ship was still in over all very good condition and clean. Much of the furniture is showing it's age and needing to be replaced but other than that no complaints. We did hear of some plumbing problems on the ship and we did have a short period where our toilet didn't work but it was quickly resolved. More The crew is doing a great job keeping the ship up.

It seems that when they designed this ship they also did an amazing job of using the space on it compared to some of the other ships we have been on.

Over all we were very happy with this cruise and can't wait for the next one!! Less

Published 03/14/13

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: D1 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Best cabin we ever had on RCI. Loved the darker wood work and cabin seemed to have extra storage such as shelves down the center of the closet.

Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D1) Reviews >>

Jeep 4X4 Adventure

We took the 4x4 tour to the caves. The driver (Jr Johnson... yes his real name) was excellent and made the tour what it was!

Beautiful island if you get out of the ghetto city where you get off the ship. Be prepared unlike other islands they are going to price everything in euro's. We took a cab ride which we were told would be 80 dollars and when we got back were told no no that is euro's which turned into 120 US. Also be prepared that almost no one we ran into spoke english, it's all french.

Scenic Railway

St Kitt's has little to do on it so be prepared. We did enjoy the scenic rail and learned alot of history of the island. Some we spoke to didn't think it was worth the money but in light of our options we enjoyed it.

Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

davek603
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X