Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by davek603

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by davek603
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: davek603
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Brilliance
This was my 10th cruise on RCI. I have to say the last few years I had been finding that the service was not what it used to be but on this cruise this cruise was not the case. We had the BEST dining room service that we have had in years. Our waiter and assistant waiter went beyond what was expected and regularly told us if we were not happy to let them know right away as they wanted to meet our expectations!

The Brilliance is due to go into dry dock for some serious renovations. I have been on ships due for dry dock before and I was quite worried when I found out this one was going in soon. I was on Grandeur years ago and it was a total disaster. I again was surprised to find the ship was still in over all very good condition and clean. Much of the furniture is showing it's age and needing to be replaced but other than that no complaints. We did hear of some plumbing problems on the ship and we did have a short period where our toilet didn't work but it was quickly resolved. The crew is doing a great job keeping the ship up.

It seems that when they designed this ship they also did an amazing job of using the space on it compared to some of the other ships we have been on.

Over all we were very happy with this cruise and can't wait for the next one!!

Publication Date: 03/14/13
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by davek603
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews