Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by chrryslsh: Feeling the Breeze. Eastern Caribbean March 2, 2013

chrryslsh
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Feeling the Breeze. Eastern Caribbean March 2, 2013

Sail Date: March 2013

Embarkation was a Breeze. They told us not to be there until about 1pm but check out time at the hotel in 11am so where we gonna go. We got there at 11:30 am and were on the ship at 11:45 am. it was great. Ate Lunch at Guys Burger Joint.. Yummy!!. Looked around. What a beautiful Boat. Room was ready about 1:00 pm. We were in cove Balcony 2326. mid-ship deck 2. highly recommend especially on this ship and her sisters. first time in a cove. usually in a lido or empress balcony but on this ship I would have been so mad. all balconies above cove except very aft and very front overlook deck five. the balconies can be seen by everyone and they can see into your rooms too until you get to about deck 9 or 10 . not very private and you cant see the water well either. Cove balcony is close to the water and felt so much more private. oh and we saw a whale and a shark from our balcony. I think from now on I will book this type but need to be mid-ship and back. I can see where if you are closer More to the bow, water would spray up onto the balcony more. Met our Steward. First time we had a woman steward ever. asked her to empty out the fridge so we could put our sodas in it. she never did it. I even gave her a $10 tip. wasn't real impressed right off the bat. Had to do it myself.

Breeze was an hour late leaving port. I think the captain was trying to make up for it cause we were cruising at 39 knots for a few hours and the ship was rocking and rolling like I have never felt before. I had assured my daughter that she would not get sea sick because you can hardly feel the ships move at all. I was eating my words right about then. we could hardly walk down the hallway. We also usually get the patches which are very expensive. we didn't this time. we got "motion ease" from Walmart. I don't know if it worked or not. it is an oil you put behind your ears everyday. we did, we didn't get sick. maybe we would not have gotten sick anyway but who knows and it was very cheap. only $8.The captain also moved the ship time ahead on Monday an hour. I think also to make up that hour we lost.

Water park is really fun.. Rope sky track was hard and kinda scary for adults. kids can do it without a problem. Food, of course, was great in the dining room..we had anytime dining and they do it differently now. in the past when we had anytime dining we never got anyone who knew us. but now they know our names and somehow know what we drink and our other preferences which is cool.

Cruise was great. didn't see many shows. wasn't interested. did do some line dancing classes. the sail away party. some of the other parties, had loads of fun all around.

Debarkation was horrid. they stopped it at one point because people were getting off that weren't supposed to be getting off. some people just don't get it do they? we were number 30 so were some of the very last to exit. that was fine by me. stayed at the casino bar and talked with Lucjia (pronounced Lu see a) the bartender. a very very sweet lady from Croatia and drank funships until 10:30 am. I was a little tipsy by the time we got off. well it was 5:00 somewhere. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2326

Would get this cabin again in a minute especially on this ship and her sisters. in fact I would have been really upset had I gotten a balcony like I usually get. I have always had balconies on the upper decks usually on lido or empress but usually cruise with only me and my husband. I have been on the Triumph, legend and the glory and they are set up differently than this ship. all the balconies on this ship above the coves are looking down on deck five. people on deck five can see right up on your balcony and into your room except on the very front and very aft of the ship. cabin 2326 is almost exactly midship. hardly any noise except for slamming balcony doors at times. It felt so private and I loved being so close to the water. we even saw a whale and some sharks.

See Antigua by Sea..... This was a wonderful excursion. yes me, my husband and grown daughter went on it mainly to party and we took our 10 yr old son so he could snorkel. there were many other kids there too and it was good for them too. They take you all the way around the island in a beautiful catamaran. I had read some reviews that said on the Atlantic side it got real bumpy and a lot of people got sea sick then but it was not bad at all. it was fun. the crew was so so funny and kept everyone laughing all the time. provided non-alcoholic beverages to everyone as they showed us all the sights as we cruised for about 30 minutes until we came to (green island?) where everyone got off the boat to snorkel or sunbathe or whatever. The guides gave instruction to those who needed it and took boats out in case anyone needed them as the reef is a ways out. saw lots of sea creatures. fish, squid, etc. after about an hour they served a wonderful lunch of chicken, fish, veggies, salad, and lots of other stuff. and them the alcohol began to flow. and the party started. we stayed at the island about another 30 minutes and then resumed our tour around the rest of the island. all the while dancing and singing. the whole tour is about 6 1/2 hours. so so much fun for all. We also saw a Whale on our way back around the island which was amazing to me.
Read 807 Antigua Reviews

Snorkeling

(2)
This tour was very different than the other snorkel tour we took earlier in the week. the boat was run down. kinda dirty. no refreshments were offered on the way out to the snorkel spot. no instructions given. a waiver was passed out basically stating that no matter what happened they were not responsible. if you were drowning they would/could not help you. if they were negligent.. too bad.. you could not sue them and they wanted us to sign it.. I signed it but I also crossed off the part that said I would not sue them if they were negligent. the snorkeling was good. only because I love to snorkel and know how. we only got to snorkel about 40 minutes. It was fairly cold so that was OK. on the way back they did provide some rum punch but OMG it was the worst tasting stuff ever. I like to drink but I don't drink just to drink. I could not stomach that stuff. I would not recommend this excursion at all.

Helmet Dive

(5)
Would have given it a 5+ except for the woman who lined us up at the pier. She was very Rude. she asked my 10 yr old son how much he weighed. I told her about 90 -95 lbs. She said. I was talking to him. I told her well I don't think he knows what he weighs. She said. well they will weigh him there. so what difference did it make and why did she have to be rude? Anyway. once there. it was the best excursion EVER!! no they did not weigh him and never saw that woman again. (She said the minimum weight is 80 lbs BTW) the divers who guided us were so attentive to my son. showed him every little animal. let him touch and hold everything. spent so much time with him. I was so very impressed with them. I would recommend this to anyone. my grown daughter was very nervous about doing this as she is a little claustrophobic. She loved it too. she had no problem at all. she said it did not feel like she was closed in. my husband has sinus problems and was nervous about going so deep as he has problems at times with that but he didn't have much problems either. you start out about 6 feet deep and walk downhill until you are about 20 feet deep. it was really awesome. we saw sea spiders, star fish, sea cucumbers, lots of fish, and lots of other things I cant remember the names of. Also after you get done with the helmet dive you can also explore the rest of coral world. We fed the Larakeets which are these very pretty little birds who land on your hands and eat out of these little containers you hold. then you can swim on Coki Beach. See the Sharks at the shark encounters too.

Swimming with the dolphins... The excursion itself was great. my son loved it.. he got to swim with the dolphins, shake hands, kiss them etc. I gave it a 3 for several reasons. first..it is very expensive. when i booked it it did not say that an adult had to be in the water with anyone under 18 and since I have already done this I only booked it for my 10 yr old son. When we arrived I was told he could not go unless I went to and had to pay $166 to do it. and my husband and daughter had to pay $37 apiece just to observe. Second.. They take pictures.. that is good however.. Wow.. They are so expensive. you can buy one picture for $25 dollars or you can buy the CD for $80 with one person in it or you can buy the CD with 2 people in it for $100.. the one good thing about this one that most others don't let you do is that the observers can bring cameras and take pictures. Tortola port itself doesn't have much. There are a few straw huts just outside the pier where you can buy some souvenirs at for decent prices or you can walk a real long way or take a taxi downtown but it didn't look to me like I would want to be there.
Read 502 Tortola Reviews