Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by chrryslsh

Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: 8a
        10-12 4.0

Feeling the Breeze. Eastern Caribbean March 2, 2013
Embarkation was a Breeze. They told us not to be there until about 1pm but check out time at the hotel in 11am so where we gonna go. We got there at 11:30 am and were on the ship at 11:45 am. it was great. Ate Lunch at Guys Burger Joint.. Yummy!!. Looked around. What a beautiful Boat. Room was ready about 1:00 pm. We were in cove Balcony 2326. mid-ship deck 2. highly recommend especially on this ship and her sisters. first time in a cove. usually in a lido or empress balcony but on this ship I would have been so mad. all balconies above cove except very aft and very front overlook deck five. the balconies can be seen by everyone and they can see into your rooms too until you get to about deck 9 or 10 . not very private and you cant see the water well either. Cove balcony is close to the water and felt so much more private. oh and we saw a whale and a shark from our balcony. I think from now on I will book this type but need to be mid-ship and back. I can see where if you are closer to the bow, water would spray up onto the balcony more. Met our Steward. First time we had a woman steward ever. asked her to empty out the fridge so we could put our sodas in it. she never did it. I even gave her a $10 tip. wasn't real impressed right off the bat. Had to do it myself.

Breeze was an hour late leaving port. I think the captain was trying to make up for it cause we were cruising at 39 knots for a few hours and the ship was rocking and rolling like I have never felt before. I had assured my daughter that she would not get sea sick because you can hardly feel the ships move at all. I was eating my words right about then. we could hardly walk down the hallway. We also usually get the patches which are very expensive. we didn't this time. we got "motion ease" from Walmart. I don't know if it worked or not. it is an oil you put behind your ears everyday. we did, we didn't get sick. maybe we would not have gotten sick anyway but who knows and it was very cheap. only $8.The captain also moved the ship time ahead on Monday an hour. I think also to make up that hour we lost.

Water park is really fun.. Rope sky track was hard and kinda scary for adults. kids can do it without a problem. Food, of course, was great in the dining room..we had anytime dining and they do it differently now. in the past when we had anytime dining we never got anyone who knew us. but now they know our names and somehow know what we drink and our other preferences which is cool.

Cruise was great. didn't see many shows. wasn't interested. did do some line dancing classes. the sail away party. some of the other parties, had loads of fun all around.

Debarkation was horrid. they stopped it at one point because people were getting off that weren't supposed to be getting off. some people just don't get it do they? we were number 30 so were some of the very last to exit. that was fine by me. stayed at the casino bar and talked with Lucjia (pronounced Lu see a) the bartender. a very very sweet lady from Croatia and drank funships until 10:30 am. I was a little tipsy by the time we got off. well it was 5:00 somewhere.

Publication Date: 03/13/13