Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by suedapooh: Great for tweens and teens

suedapooh
Member Since 2012
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Great for tweens and teens

Sail Date: November 2012

The cruise was great and would go again. Biggest hits: teen club for the 13 y/o, wave simulator for older kids, walk up bar for pizza and roast beef sandwiches (Park Cafe, yum!) and Madagascar characters. And the ship itself is gorgeous and immaculate. 95% of staff was excellent and friendly.

Low point, probably the only one: kids club for the 9 and 3 year old. I only have Disney to compare to but it did not come close. Neither wanted to stay for very long and when I peeked in, I could see why. Some activities were great (circus and performances where the kids performed) and some were clearly not going to work (super hero training where 15-20 squirmy 3-5 year olds were made to wait in a single line to jump through a hoop). Seemed hit and miss. At times, the staff seemed indifferent and one suggested that I not "leave the ship" on a port day because my child was too young. Felt so guilty I ended up not leaving the ship but regretted it later. (What was I paying for in the More first place?)

Cabin tip: We wouldn't do the Boardwalk balcony view again. It was fun for the first day or so, but then we missed the ocean view.

Fort Lauderdale Embarkation - incredibly easy and there's a GREAT play structure in the building. Great start to the trip! Less

Published 03/12/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X