Allure of the Seas 0

“Great for tweens and teens”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

suedapooh
Member Since 2012
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

The cruise was great and would go again. Biggest hits: teen club for the 13 y/o, wave simulator for older kids, walk up bar for pizza and roast beef sandwiches (Park Cafe, yum!) and Madagascar characters. And the ship itself is gorgeous and immaculate. 95% of staff was excellent and friendly.

Low point, probably the only one: kids club for the 9 and 3 year old. I only have Disney to compare to but it did not come close. Neither wanted to stay for very long and when I peeked in, I could see why. Some activities were great (circus and performances where the kids performed) and some were clearly not going to work (super hero training where 15-20 squirmy 3-5 year olds were made to wait in a single line to jump through a hoop). Seemed hit and miss. At times, the staff seemed indifferent and one suggested that I not "leave the ship" on a port day because my child was too young. Felt so guilty I ended up not leaving the ship but regretted it later. (What was I paying for in the More first place?)

Cabin tip: We wouldn't do the Boardwalk balcony view again. It was fun for the first day or so, but then we missed the ocean view.

Fort Lauderdale Embarkation - incredibly easy and there's a GREAT play structure in the building. Great start to the trip! Less

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 03/12/13

Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?