Carnival Magic Cruise Review by bayliner2004: Prison with a balcony water view

bayliner2004
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Prison with a balcony water view

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my third Carnival cruise since 2006.Went on the Magic 3/3/13.Dined in dining room Monday night and was violently ill by midnight. My wife also. We ate the same thing and both had vomiting and diarrhea for 24 hrs and felt bad the rest of the week. I think was got food poisoning but the cruise lines want to call it Norovirus. It ruined our whole trip. They confined us to our cabin for24 hrs which I can understand but the food they provided us for that 24 hrs was insufficient for even one person.

Ship was clean, decor subdued for Carnival. Room stewards were great. Cabin smaller than on conquest. Food on buffet lines was at best lukewarm and generally only fair. Sandwiches at deli grilled just enough to brown bread slightly, not enough to heat meat or cheese. Food was great disappointment. Not up to par with past carnival cruises.

Ports of call Jamaica, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel are great ports although we could not enjoy them because of feeling ill this trip. More This will be our last cruise with carnival and I would not go again for free. The food and service over the last 6-7 yrs has declined noticeably. Looking for another cruise line Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Panorama 11264

Cabin was smaller than on conquest. Seemed to be quiet location but a lot of children on this cruise left to run the halls. Great views coming in to port. Flat screen tv a plus. Lots of storage, closet and drawers