“Really great cruise”

fred111
Member Since 2006
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
I am going to make this a short review of our cruise. We have cruised several times before on both ocean and river cruise lines. Embarkation was extremely quick and professional. We were on the ship within 1/2 hour of arriving at the port. First stop was the Spa for my wife to sign up. Our stateroom was in excellent condition. Bedding was comfortable and there was plenty of room to store our clothes. Our stateroom attendant was absolutely great. He stopped by when we first arrived and we saw him about every day after that. He did a great job keeping up our room. The Crown and Anchor people delivered the wrong discount books and he took care of the problem very quickly. Overall A+ Dining with the new menu was better than expected. I understand food is subjective so I will only say that the new menu caused me some problems. There were TOO MANY good entrees to choose from. Service was fast and correct. Our head waiter was at the table daily to oversee his staff (we do not see that too often so that is a plus). We had really nice tablemates and hopefully will cruise with them again. The ports have been reviewed hundreds of times so I will not go into that again except to say that the America's Cup sailboat tour on St Martins is outstanding. My wife didn't think she would like it and she came off impressed. WE didn't go to many of the shows but we thought Mike and Topi, the cruise director and his assistant did a very good job throughout the cruise. They kept the right level of activity. At this time I would like to contradict what some reviewers had to say about the condition of the ship. The captain and his crew did a superb job keeping the ship in outstanding condition. We didn't see gross examples of neglect as portrayed by some other reviewer. The ship is in good shape and maintenance is ongoing. The captain and his staff were highly visible throughout the cruise. It is obvious that this is a friendly ship with a professional staff. I would not hesitate to cruise on the Vision of the Seas again.
Vision of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS8030
Cabin 8030 was located below the pool deck but was very quiet. We never heard noises from above.
Published 03/13/13
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Vision of the Seas Review
Vision of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?