Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Jimyma: Norwegian Dawn- An All Around Great Ship

Jimyma
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Dawn- An All Around Great Ship

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Being A teenager, my family has to run every vacation idea by me for my approval. Our first cruise aboard the carnival victory was entirely my idea. But this norwegian dawn 7 night western caribbean cruise was my dad's. After looking all around on-line for reviews of the ship and the line i agreed to take this cruise. This is my review:

At arrival to tampa after a 6 hour redeye flight, we had a booked transfer that was going to pick us up. It was unclear to us where we were to meet the transfer. after several calls to the special transfer # we were given, we were finally told that the transfer wasn't going to pick us up for three more hours!:( So far a horrible start right? But hold on... the rest of the cruise makes me forget this little slip up.

Once we arrived at the port we flew through security and since we had booked a family suite a butler, thats right a butler, met us to escort us to our room and tour us of the ship. We had never been VIP to this extent. For More about 2 hours we were among the only people allowed on the ship. Suites or worth it on this ship. Form start to finish we were treated like royalty. We were given priority tendering even though we arrived 30 minutes late to a port and the line to exit the ship was an hour. Every night our butler would check on us and tell us what great things were going on in the ship. At night when the "big show" was on, he would escort us to the private balcony to watch comedy shows, or Greg London's Impressions. Priority disembarkation was also very nice.

Food at all the specialty restaurants were great, especially the italian restaurant which sold out the last night. Since we were suite guests, when we decided on what we felt like for dinner we called concierge and the scheduled our dinner, even if that particular restaurant was sold out to other guests. All food exceeded our expectations based on carnivals food.

Our room was cleaned frequently and thoroughly. it was spacious and had the best views imaginable. We never ran out of room but we packed for a carnival size room...not a NORWEGIAN size room.

THe pool deck was plain..just a pool or two with some hottubs that were always packed..enough room tho read and sit in the warm sun though. I would've appreciated a water slide or two but thats just me.

Entertainment was unbeatable. Every night a main show played at the theatre at 7 and 9. This included the best comedy show i've ever seen, Greg London's(2009 entertainer of the year-las vegas) impressions, and cirque stly shows which drew many oos and awes but was not my favorite event of the night. If the show doesn't appeal to you, simply hit the casino, arcade, or one of the many lively bars full of live singers, beautiful pianists, and the dreaded but somehow hilarious karaoke. Gameshows and secondary shows were found in the lounge but with limited seating, so show up a bit early!

My pick for carnival vs. norwegian should be clear but if it isn't...NORWEGIAN!!!

happy cruising:) Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 12010

Clean. spacious. nice bathroom. quiet. wide hallways. 3 comfortable beds to fit 4 or 5. great view. ceiling to floor windows. worth the money. VIP service.

Awesome...full of culture, something most cruise ports lack. The people are welcoming and the tour guides well informed. We went to the Belize zoo which was very interesting and worth the trip. We then ventured down the amazing Olde Belize river. This was awesome! we saw monkeys birds and even manatees! A great city.

Beach Break

(3)
It was a nice little place. It was small and seemed to lack real lively culture since cruise companies practically built the town, but still very nice people and a nice open bar beach. the beach was small and somewhat boring so bring a book. I had fun but enjoyed other ports much more. The highlight from this port was the baby lion which we petted and too pictures with in the terminal.

Beach Break

(5)
Cozumel is huge and full of lively culture. The beach we went to was "americanized" which was nice for this occasion. We had a lot of fun. Waterslides and a nice big open bar beach for the adults. Warm beautiful water made the beach a perfect paradise. We walked around cozumel after the excursion and had a blast. Just like rocky point it was filled with shops to sell to the american buyer. It was fun but again I usually prefer more cultural ports like barbados or roatan.

(5.5)
Out of all 20 caribbean ports i've visited this is my favorite, comparing only to Barbados. The beautiful temperature and blue skies are unbeatable. Weswam with dolphins and the went to a great beach. It was busy but not packed. The service- amazing. We swam in warm water and ended up para-sailing! The view from up there made me fall in love with this warm inviting island.
Read 1643 Roatan Reviews