Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by orangedec10: A Great cruise in the Caribbean

orangedec10
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Great cruise in the Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2013

Let me start by sharing some quick background info with you. This cruise was DH and I' s fifth cruise. We are in our late 20s and early 30s and love cruising because it affords us the opportunity to catch up on some relaxation but also be busy as we want on any given day.

The Ship:
Celebrity Silhouette is beautiful. The ship's layout is easy to navigate and the decor is modern. We especially loved the martini bar - lots of fun martinis to try all while enjoying them on a bar made of ice! We also found ourselves drawn to the sunset bar at night. This is the one place on the ship that smoking is allowed. I don't smoke, but DH likes to enjoy a cigar. Make sure you take in a few sunsets from this bar and don't miss the view at night of San Juan!

Stateroom:
DH and I had a regular balcony room. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was the best I have seen on a ship. We have sailed concierge class previously and could not see many differences.

Dinning & More Drinks:
We prepared for the cruise in advanced by purchasing both the premium beverage package and the 4 day specialty dinning package.

Drinks were about 7-12 bucks each, so we found the package to be a better deal. Plus, we could enjoy a latte or cappuccino in the AM without the guilt of putting more on our sea pass.

Murano and the Lawn Club grill are not to be missed. Qusine was a fun experience, but come hungry - especially if you are just a party of 2.

As for the main dinning room,it's exactly what you would expect - good but not outstanding. DH and I actually enjoyed the cafe as there were many choices and if you were willing to wait a chance for custom stir fries,grilled items and pastas.

Entertainment:
The entertainment on the ship was just OK. For some activities like art classes,there were upcharges. I enjoyed the live music and the pool activities.

Had a blast at the casino!

Service:
DH and I thought the service was great. We heard a few passengers complaining, but really it seemed like most of their complaining seemed to be streamed from unreasonable expectations. For example, we overheard a few passengers complaining about the length of time it took for them to be served dinner - but they were a large table and had ordered 5 courses. Of course that will take a bit of time to prepare! (I cringe just thinking about how rude these passengers were)

Fellow cruisers:
I bring this up because it always seems to be a "hot" topic on the boards. The average age of our fellow cruisers were about 30 or more years our senior and traveling with their parents. This wasn't an issue for us, but it was surprising as the ship is modern enough t o cater to a younger crowd. On the flip side, we found it refreshing that the ship was not over run with unruly children either.

In summary, this was a great cruise on a posh yet fun ship. If your are prepared for the add ons and decide which your willing to pay for, you'll get the most from the experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Continental Deck (6)