Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by paulajj

Member Name: paulajj
Cruise Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Best cruise yet...except disembarcation
This was our second cruise with Celebrity, our first being an 11 day on the Equinox. We booked the same cabin. An inside room on deck 11. The room is a perfect size. The bathroom is very large. The only thing I would change is taking away the couch and adding more storage. The overhead bin is OK but I'd hate to see an elderly person trying to get up on the bed to access it.

We brought a lot of additional hangers which was a big help. We also brought suction cups with hooks to hang our washed workout clothes on. We had to hang them off the shower doors as they wouldn't stick to the walls.

Our stateroom attendant was not that good. We were missing a lot of things in our room IE: do not disturb sign, celebrity bag, comment cards, shampoo not being filled etc. We had friends on a different floor who had a much better attendant. I think this is hit and miss on celebrity in the regular rooms. We aren't that fussy so none of it was a big deal. Just saved us a little money.

The ship is beautiful.Very clean. Very pretty. There is something to see everywhere you turn. Lovely.

We had early seating in the main dining room. We found that 6pm dinner is too early and 8:30 is way too late. I think we will give select dining a go next time. With such a busy itinerary, we felt very rushed to get ready some nights.

The food was really good. I only had a couple of things that I didn't care for and I'm sure that was just a personal taste kind of thing.

Our servers, unfortunately, were not great. They were both extremely friendly and really nice but they made a lot of mistakes. I'm pretty sure they had too many tables to take care of. Again, we are pretty laid back so we didn't get mad, in fact it made us laugh. But it does take away from the experience.

The shows in the evening were hit and miss. Some were pretty good, others terrible. I definitely wouldn't pick Celebrity for the entertainment.

Some of the music piped in around the ship was pretty awful. This didn't bother me to much but it just about drove my friend crazy! I do have to agree that there should never be music in the main dining room or the buffet. It's just too noisy as it is.

I did like that the music was a little louder at the bars. This is how it should be. It's too bad that they don't use Quasar more. There should be some kind of dance party in there every night.

Bar attendants were awesome!There were a few that always remembered what we order. Even in different bars. And we don't drink a lot! One young man asked my husband if he wanted a diet coke everywhere we saw him. And also remembered his name! I was really impressed with all the bar service on this trip.

We ate in Qsine one night. It was a cool experience. I don't know that I would do it again but it was worth it to try it out once. Service was great.

We also ate at the bistro on 5 twice. It was terrific. The food is very good and the service was the best we had at any of restaurants. I would highly recommend going to this one.

We ate most breakfasts and some lunches at the buffet. It has a pretty good selection. Most things I tried were good except the scrambled eggs which looked like a runny mess.

The pools are very nice, if you can get close to them. They really need to crack down on people holding chairs. I sat one day beside a lounge chair for 2 hours with someones stuff on it and never once saw them. People are so selfish.

Speaking of annoying people, I recommend avoiding the elevators if you can help it. We took the stairs 90% of the time and it really cut down on our frustration with other passengers. Come on people! Wait until I get off before you cram in!!! (Mini rant over:))

We had no problems with the Internet. Our devices worked great. Although it's way too expensive.

My husband really enjoyed the glass blowing shows again. This is his favourite thing to do on the ship.

Disembarkation was a nightmare. By the time we got through all the airport stuff we had 15 minutes to wait until they started boarding. I'm pretty sure there was more then a few who would have missed flights. Not a nice way to end a terrific vacation.

This was our favorite trip so far. Great itinerary and great ship. I would highly recommend!

Publication Date: 03/11/13