Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by downunder9
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: downunder9
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Happy Voyager Cruiser
We Travelled from Perth To Sydney, Stayed 1 night in a ordinary hotel But it was only 1 Night.

This was my second trip on Voyager. My first RCCL cruise was on the Voyager of The Seas last October.

In Sydney, The have staggered check in times,starting at 11.30am from the Top Deck and work down. Very cleaver as it saves the nightmare i had at Singapore in October. Our Boarding time was 12.30pm and arrived at 12 to drop off our bags.

Easy as you could ever want, we did ask if we were to early to check in and they said no go through. As it was our second cruise on RCCL we had joined the Crown and Anchor Club and wow ! it actually meant something, we by passed the line to a special checkout had everything done and was on board by 12.30PM

It was really fantastic to see a cruise line where Loyal members actually do get rewarded.

The ship is now 13 years old and is due for a refit next year but it is very well maintained apart from some carpets that need replacing.

We had a Balcony Cabin Deck 9 midships.Good sized cabin and bigger than most with lots of storage room. Bathroom was a bit small however balcony was a very usable size.

The have flat screens and you can order room service, view accounts etc etc

Before boarding the ship i hired a Tuxedo for the formal nights rather than taking a suit with me.

I was a little nervous when i opened the cupboard and there It was waiting for me. It fitted perfectly, could not believe it. I had the suit 2 shirts, vest, ties etc including cuff links. Well worth doing

We had anytime dining and were on the top level of the dining room.

Our first night we pre booked a table for 6.30 and were directed to table 39.

We had the most amazing guys looking after us Leonardo and off sider were without doubt the best i have seen. The service was just outstanding so we booked the table for almost very night. Overall the food was very good with some meals being brilliant.

WE also booked at Portofino's , a specialty dining venue where you pay $20 US

I have eaten at many places but it was nothing short of amazing food.

We also ate at Johhny Rockets Burger place with a $5 US surcharge but it was worth it for the entertainment alone.

Windjammer Buffet served a good range of food and very very good.

Gym was great and always enough equipment. Used the steam room and sauna , plenty of room and well appointed change rooms.

The ice show was just amazing what they can do .

There were so many places to go , bars , mini golf the list just goes on and on But guess what, I met people who said there was not much to do, i just shook my head and walked away.

I think i have discovered that about 10% of all passengers are whingers and complain about anything and everything.

First stop was Auckland New Zealand, we chose to do our own thing as i have been there a few times before and all ports apart from Hobart we did our own thing

We also visited Tauranga , Napier, Dunedin and did the 3 sounds in New Zealand

My favourite was Tauranga, beautiful spot, small population as most Kiwi's now live in Australia.

After New Zealand we went to Tasmania, Hobart was just wonderful, i had never been there before and just so glad we went. We did a ship tour all went well and it was good value.

Last port was Adelaide and then went on to Fremantle.

Getting off was a breeze and was like a well oiled machine, Our time was 7.10 am and we were off the ship through customs and on the way home by 7.45

If you have never cruised before you will read good and bad about every cruise line and ships But in my view, RCCL is the best value for Money cruise line i have been on.

We all had a great time, nothing is ever 100% perfect and we are looking forward to The South Pacific on Radiance of the Seas on December 1 2013

Publication Date: 03/10/13