Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by Olddave

Member Name: Olddave
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Thomson Majesty Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Majesty Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Thompson Majesty - Canary Islands
Arriving at the docks inTenerife I was disappointed in the new "flagship" of the Thomson fleet, nice coat of white paint but most of the NCL names still visible. I was thinking its possible that a ship with the NCL, Costa, P&O, or Cunard logos was where I should be.

My first look around, at our upgraded outside cabin, with frayed curtains, grey sheets and broken Ice bucket is not up to our usual standard or the buffet style 1 st. Meal that words fail me on.

Can I endure 7 days of this ? I eat much better at home and I have come for something special.

So there is a " speciality restaurant" at 19 p.p. extra, so I'll book this a few nights and in two ports, Madeira and Gran Canaria we are there until 22.00, we can eat ashore.

I went to reception to book this feast before it got too busy, only to be told we are not going to Madeira but 3 nights in Gran Canaria then back to Tenerife as the weather forecast is not too good. So I will be able to eat in a descent restaurant even more! ( most other cruise ships either changed their itinerary around or used a bit of imagination ) we were given a massive 25 compensation.

So no Madeira the one place we wanted. The Aida Sol was on a similar itinerary to us and reversed its route going to Madeira at the end of the week, when the weather was calmer, Still they say you get what you pay for.......

Let me finish with some positives about this cruise, um...oh I've only been back a few days ...

Publication Date: 03/10/13