Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Gplez90: Exceeded my expectations!!

Gplez90
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Exceeded my expectations!!

Sail Date: March 2013

Embarkation: A little chaotic due partly to the fact that they were renovating the cruise terminal. Also due to the fact that Liberty of the Seas carries over 3500 passengers, but overall it was pretty smooth and easy to complete. First you wait in line to go through U.S. Customs then you get in line to get your sea-pass card and once you get your sea-pass card, you are free to board the ship.

Stateroom:

We booked the Superior Ocean-view Balcony stateroom(9680) because we heard that it helps fight sea sickness (if you are susceptible to it). My girlfriend and I did not know whether or not we would get sea sick but we never got sea sick. The stateroom itself was actually very roomy. I am 6'4" 245 pounds and i found it to be very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and spacious and so was the balcony. Now the bathroom, that's a totally different story. The shower was very small. You are my size or bigger, you will have a hard time in this bathroom. Other than More that, i would say that this stateroom category is perfect for 2 people.

The Ship:

Liberty of the Seas is part of the Freedom class ships which boasts the second largest ships in the world. That being said, there is plenty to do on the ship. The Royal Promenade is like a mini mall in the center of the ship. It is a very beautiful section of the ship and is always roaring with excitement. There is always something to do. The top deck is filled with plenty of pools, whirlpool spas, rock climbing, mini golf, a basketball/volley ball court, and my personal favorite, the flowrider.

Activities and Entertainment:

The activities that are available on the ship are endless. So are the shows. It was almost as if there were not enough hours in the day! The entertainment staff was hilarious and provided guest with countless shows including the world famous belly flop competition. My favorite activity onboard was a game we played on the last day called "The Quest", which is an outrageous game you have to see to believe. With all the activities onboard, i think it would be impossible to run out of things to do.

Food:

The food was unbelievable, and the best part about it was that it was never ending. Every night, i ordered at least 3 appetizers and 2 entrees. Chops Grille was my personal favorite. I ordered the filet Mignon and the halibut and it was fantastic! We also ate at Portofinos. There, i ordered a seafood skewer which came with lobster, shrimp, scallops and crab and it was probably my favorite seafood dish on the ship. The food in the main dining room was also great. The best part about it is that they switch up the menu from night to night to keep variety.

Staff:

The staff onboard the ship is very friendly despite the long hours they have to work. As long as you are friendly to them they are friendly to you! We did our best to try to get to know our waiters and stateroom attendant on a personal level. Doing this made our trip much more enjoyable! I also love the amount of diversity that the staff has. It seems as if we met someone from every country on this ship.

Ports of call:

On this trip, we stopped in Belize City, Belize and Cozumel, Mexico. Belieze was very beautiful! The ship anchored about 3 miles off shore and we took a tender boat to shore. Once on shore, we met with our tour guide for a Jungle Bike excursion. The excursion was great! I had never been to, let alone, biked through a jungle! We saw black howler monkeys, and crocodiles. Our tour guide was incredible. She knew everything there was to know about Belize. We also ate authentic Belizean cuisine which was very good! My only complaint about Belize is how pushy the locals are to get you to buy stuff. Next we stopped in Cozumel. Cozumel was my favorite. The locals here arent as pushy as the locals in Belize either. Here, we did the Royal Dolphin swim at Chankanab. It included swimming with two dolphins, interacting with a manatee, snorkeling, eating authentic mexican cuisine, a private beach, tequila tasting, and even a crocodile exibit. It is well worth the $130 each we payed. My only complaint is i wish we wouldve stayed at the ports longer!

Overall:

For our first cruise, our expectations are definitely set very high. My girlfriend and i enjoyed every minute of the cruise. Liberty of the Seas is a beautiful, exciting, funfilled ship. Hats off to Royal Caribbean for the time we had on this cruise. We will be back onboard again, and again, and again. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 9680

Everything about the cabin was great, except for the tiny bathroom. The balcony was perfect for two and so was the entire room! Will be staying in the same type of cabin on the next cruise.

Belize was very beautiful! The ship anchored about 3 miles off shore and we took a tender boat to shore. Once on shore, we met with our tour guide for a Jungle Bike excursion. The excursion was great! I had never been to, let alone, biked through a jungle! We saw black howler monkeys, and crocodiles. Our tour guide was incredible. She knew everything there was to know about Belize. We also ate authentic Belizean cuisine which was very good! My only complaint about Belize is how pushy the locals are to get you to buy stuff.

Chankanaab National Park Tour

(5.5)
Cozumel was my favorite. The locals here aren't as pushy as the locals in Belize either. Here, we did the Royal Dolphin swim at Chankanab. It included swimming with two dolphins, interacting with a manatee, snorkeling, eating authentic Mexican cuisine, a private beach, tequila tasting, and even a crocodile exhibit. It is well worth the $130 each we payed. My only complaint is i wish we would've stayed at the ports longer!